Specsavers hearing tests (and hearing aids)

Options
13»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kay12346 wrote: »
    She can carry out the test online at specsavers not the proper thing but gives a good indication. Also don't forget to get recommend by your GP so you can get a free hearing aid. Way to expensive to buy. Had my hearing aid yesterday from there liverpool centre in knowsley. I was sent by my GPS. Free test also free hearing aid the audiologist was fantastic. Kirkby shopping Centre, 21 St Chad's Parade, Liverpool L32 8RD

Thanks Kay, you do know the thread is old.
    Why not tell specsavers the audiologist was fantastic.
  • Kay12346
    Kay12346 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a appointment said on site it would last for 1 hour. Booked online. Anyway went on Friday just gone. Currently got the NHS free aid. Upgraded got the £2,795 signia much better that the free hearing aids, can say it's a brilliant hearing aid. Only downside they tried to sell me there own brand. Must make more commission on it !! Overall happy with hearing aid and service! Got it from specsavers Kirkby Shopping Centre, 21 St Chad's Parade, Liverpool L32 8RD
  • cairndog
    cairndog Posts: 226 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ladykernow wrote: »
    I went privately with Specsavers and they were really good with my hearing test.

I use to have an NHS hearing aid, and to be honest I wanted one that you couldn't see as I refused in the end to wear mine because I was so self conscious and I couldn't hear that well with it. The one I have now amplifies sounds when i'm in different places, which makes it a lot better than an NHS one in my opinion.

Are you still happy with the hearing aid ?
    Which make is it, and how much was it. I always wonder how you get this sort out of your ear, and I'd be grateful to have your experience with it.

Thanks
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    3card wrote: »
    I had a hearing test at Specsavers on Friday. I was referred by my GP.

From when i walked in to Specsavers to when i walked out was an hour.

I found the test very indepth and was very pleased. The finding were explained to me in detail and it picked up some areas of hearing loss.
    They have given me a 2 week window to decide if i want to try hearing aids. After the 2 weeks i will have to go back to my GP for another referral.

Exactly the same as with my mother (91). She had a referral from the Doctor and spent an hour at Specsavers. She has to go back in two weeks.

She is only having one hearing aid as she has no hearing at all in one ear. She has had a hearing aid for several years, but it now needs updating (another NHS one).

One funny note : the audiologist asked her how long ago she had her mastoid operation. She said 'Oh a while ago.... it was the day the King died'. :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Lanzarote1938
    Options
    My husband has had his hearing aids from Specsavers for almost 4 years.

He wasn't happy with the aids he had so asked GP to refer him to Audiology at our local hospital. Here he was told he had complex hearing needs and that Specsavers would never be able to manage his hearing loss. Also Specsavers would charge for the new moulds he needed. He now has 2 different hearing aids as 2 the same would not correct his hearing sufficiently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure