ESA extended 'holiday' within UK

Options
Hi there
I'm hoping someone can ease my mind. I'm on ESA (support group) and PIP after a long uphill struggle to get there.

My question is, I know there are limitations to going away abroad and how long you can stay out the country for whilst on ESA but does the same rule apply to when you are going on 'holiday' (visiting family) within the UK for over 4 weeks?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not seen this question before, can't find anything either, so hold tight someone who does know will be along shortly.
  • A_Step-Mum
    A_Step-Mum Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Having researched the 'temporarily abroad' question quite extensively, I'm absolutely certain there are no restrictions on an extended holiday in the UK so far as ESA and PIP are concerned. For safety's sake, you do need to let them know where you will be and for approximately how long in case you miss an assessment etc.
    What I am not sure about would be the position regarding any other benefits, eg housing and council tax.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    The potential problem with informing ESA that you will be staying at a different address is that they will enter it as a new permanent address. If you have anybody looking after the house while you are away it might be easier to ask them to keep an eye out for any post from DWP. As you are in the Support Group contact is likely to be minimal unless you are approaching the review date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure