2019 Wedding

Options

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    Options
    Any of you turned your thoughts to your hen do? Initially I was thinking I probably wouldn't have one but the more I thought about it the more I fancied doing something!

I am planning to have mine the weekend of 4th May and it will include an afternoon tea plus a spa break. I would have just gone for the spa break, but I know a few of my friends wouldn't be able to afford it. I didn't think anyone would be interested but so far I have 6 of us down for the spa break, I need another 2 to be able to get the group booking, fingers crossed.

Have many of you got snow where you are? I haven't looked out for a bit to see how much we have here, I've brought some work home with me tonight, just in case I can't get to work tomorrow..

Not sure where we are up to with wedding planning, I'll need to consult my list but I do know I need to start chasing people for answers tomorrow, not looking forward to that!

Take care guys
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    H guys

I had my make up appointment yesterday. I'm fairly pleased with the result and have bought a couple of brushes and an eyebrow kit.

I've ordered the sweets today and h2b has written on the chalk board labels, we've got the jars and I've ordered some more tongs. Just need to add some lace to the Hessian bunting and our sweet table is sorted!

I've started chasing people for their responses, what a pain in the !!!!

We need to go up to the venue with our table arrangements to have a play and see how we want them set up.

Some times it feels like the wedding is really far away and other times it feels like it's coming up very quickly!

How are you all getting on?
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    103 days to go!

Sweets have arrived, we could open a sweet shop :rotfl: need to add some lace to the little bunting we've got for it, had to order more tongs and those have arrived. sweet table just about done. Not sure if we should get some more bags or not, the jars came with 100, we've got 60 day and probably another 40 or so in the evening

We've ordered the jumpsuit and dress for h2b's daughters, from dotty p, they should arrive Monday or Tuesday, ordered 2 sizes of each. Just need shoes and hair accessories for them.

Need to sort outfits for my grand kids (aged 2 & 3 when we get married) and my son.

Think we're going for matching ties, h2b has his, they're a coupe of quid on eb@y.

Need undies for me.

I'm doubting my bouquet, I've made a teardrop shape and wondering if I should have a hand tied style instead!

Going to have a go at doing something with the card basket this afternoon and button holes for h2b, best man and my son, do we need any others?

Need to finalise music and vows.

A lady I work with has offered to do my hair and she'll do the girls too.

Need to catch up with my cake lady again.

Wow! Busy busy!

Hope you're all getting on ok x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    100 days to go!
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Devonbiker
    Options
    Hi All!!

232 days for me! Went and saw a florist and nearly died!! I really appreciate the skill and effort that goes into flower arranging but the lady I saw showed as a lovely table centre piece with a hessian doughnut that has the flowers arranged in it, on top of a log slice, with a hurricane candle in the middle. It was really lovely but they were £40 a piece, and she wanted the log slice, doughnut and hurricane lamp back afterwards!! I think I will get the bouquets and button holes made and attempt the table bits myself!
    Next on my list of 'must do's' is DJ and Hair and Make up person. In a bit of a quandary though, I want to get booked so its ticked off of the list but we have the big 'Bride' show in March, went to one last year and there were lots discounts to be had, so dont want to wait and miss out but also the discounts are appealing!

One of my bridesmaids is starting to upset me, doesnt want to come to an overnight planning session with me and the other bridesmaids, has already complained about the cost of staying the night before the wedding at the hotel. Its incredible how you can be close friends with someone for years, think you know them, ask them to be part of your wedding and then find that they are someone completely different when you ask them to commit to being part of your big day!

Anyway, onwards and upwards!!!

How is everyone else getting on?
  • FloProActiv
    Options
    Oh dear Devonbiker, hope she starts being more positive.

My current stress is sorting out a photographer. All our friends who have got married recently have had two photographers, and they've said it was really good as when they were off getting posed shots, the other photographer captured people having canap!s/drinks, and it meant they got to see more of their day.

But gosh it's expensive. We found someone we really liked, but they're booked up, so not really sure what to do now. I haven't really found many ideas online (or at least no one who makes me go 'wow'). I'm also worried as our wedding is in October, just before the clocks go back, so the light it very different, and I don't want to end up picking someone who only really knows how to shoot summer weddings...

Giving notice a week on Monday, so that's one more thing off the list :D all the big things are pretty much sorted (apart from photographer, as mentioned, and rings) so I keep reminding myself that even if I don't do anything else, we will be getting married :rotfl:
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Devonbiker - we bought log slices from eb@y and rustic looking jugs with artificial flowers from the r@ange, I'm sure you could get hurricane lamps from there too, or improvise, worth having a look.
    So far, we haven't experienced any negative people in the planning of our wedding. I'm a member on another forum and lots of ladies seem to have problems with their bridesmaids/moh, luckily we are only having h2b's daughters.

FloPro - I have heard that people are having 2 photographers, it must be a new thing! We're only having one and he is someone I work with, he does it as a hobby but takes some amazing photos. I'll be passing my phone to my son to take some photos for me too. No suggestions really, other than try your local college maybe?

The dresses and jumpsuits have arrived, ordered a size 8 and a 10 in both, I am sure they will be too long but I am happy to take them up, that's not an issue. I tried the size 10 jumpsuit on, i'm a 14 so couldn't actually do it up but it looked nice, i hope she like it.

I've decided to stick with my teardrop bouquet. I've played with the card basket a bit and need to finish it off, overall I'm happy with it. I've started on the buttonholes, I think I need them for h2b, bestman, my son, my dad and h2b's dad, so 5 in total, need to make 3 more. For our mum's I am going to make little corsages, I'll need 3 of those, as one for stepmum.

We've gone through the vows, we just need to submit our choices. Need to finalize music choices.

Hen night booked at the spa, with afternoon tea for additional people the next day.

Not sure what else we've been up to or what to do next, hopefully it all starts coming together soon :undecided

Hope everyone else is getting on ok.
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    81 days to go!

How's everyone getting on? It's been very quiet in here lately.

Hen Do planning is going well, I've passed the Spa night to a friend to sort out, they've made a group chat that I'm not allowed to join, so they are probably up to mischief :D the afternoon tea element is a little easier to sort, I'm just waiting on confirmation of numbers and then will book it this weekend.

We have now submitted our ceremony details just have to pay for it and the certificate. We've got a shortlist of music for the ceremony, just need to make a decision.

Flowers are very nearly sorted out now, just need to do a few finishing touches to the bouquets and button holes, need to decide on something for our mums, not sure whether to do the same as the mens button holes or something a little different.

I need to take up the jumpsuit, we sent the dresses back, they were just too big. We ordered a couple from Amzon we'll get DSD to try them this weekend.

Still have my son and grand kids to organise for clothes.

Work is really busy at the moment and with wedding stuff going on, I'm constantly feeling stretched and I don't think either are getting the best of me at the moment :(

Hope everyone is keeping well, catch you soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Elise1912
    Elise1912 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations! Such an exciting time. I planned our wedding on a budget back in 2012 so if you have any specific questions about how to save money let me know!
  • FloProActiv
    Options
    Got wedding rings sorted today - getting them through a local jewellery maker who was recommended by a work colleague.

We are now at a point that, even is all we did was pay the balance on everything we booked, we would have a wedding. Since we're not getting married til October, I think that's pretty good :D notice given and registrar booked, venue and catering sorted, photographer booked, wedding lighting booked (it's a barn venue, so you have to hire someone with Public Liability Insurance to do any lights, etc), and I have my dress (although need to sort out getting it altered as it's too big).

The struggle at the moment in coming to terms with the fact that we are definitely going to go over budget :ee: although the big things are booked, this has left us with about £1k left of out original budget, and that needs to cover hair/alterations/underwear/alterations for me, suit/shirt/tie for the groom, ties for the best men, invitations, table decorations, flowers, transport to the venue, and probably other things that I've forgotten.

Our wedding budget falls below the average cost of a wedding (it was originally £10k), and we're very lucky that my parents' have gifted us all of our original budget, but still, it feels like A LOT of money (particularly when on a money saving website :rotfl:). I feel quite guilty sometimes when I think about how much we're spending on a single day. Fianc! keeps telling me not to stress (like that helps :p) At least 90% of the costs have either been the things that will last (wedding rings and photography), or on making the day enjoyable and as easy as possible for guests (wedding on a Saturday, in a central location close to cheap hotels, with plenty of food and booze). We'll be doing a lot of the remaining bits ourselves (partly to save money, and partly because I'm obsessively organised and like to control every little detail), but will definitely go over our original budget...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure