Ice loyalty scheme

Options

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone else finding that all the "Go To Website" links on the ice website go to https://www.myice.com/Templates/Public/Units/Ice/ which makes it rather difficult to find out where these retailers are?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    flyingflea wrote: »
    I know Waitrose isn't an Ice retailer, that wasn't my question. My question is whether the £10 John Lewis voucher can be used in Waitrose?
    IceRewards wrote: »
    We haven't researched that.
    As far as we know the e-vouchers are redeemable at johnlewis.com.
    Kind regards,
    Ice Team

That's not a very helpful answer ICE.

Surely you should be saying you'll look into it and find out.

Not 'we haven't researched that' which helps no-one and leaves the question completely unanswered.

After all, how difficult can it be to find out?
  • IceRewards
    IceRewards Posts: 27 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Aaron wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding that all the "Go To Website" links on the ice website go to https://www.myice.com/Templates/Public/Units/Ice/ which makes it rather difficult to find out where these retailers are?

Hi Aaron,

The “Go to website” button on the retailer pages will initially bring up a prompt from us either asking you to sign in or register a Mastercard credit card, or reminding you to use your registered card when you pay. You'll then be directed straight to the retailer website where you can find your local store or location information. This is why you would see the link directing to an Ice page first.

If you go to “Collect Points”, then the “Dining Out” category, at the top of the page you can click "display by postcode" and enter your postcode to find out which pubs are in a 5 mile radius of your address.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Ice. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • IceRewards
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    That's not a very helpful answer ICE.

Surely you should be saying you'll look into it and find out.

Not 'we haven't researched that' which helps no-one and leaves the question completely unanswered.

After all, how difficult can it be to find out?

Hi Zanderman,

We are sorry to read the comments in your post, but we believe that the terms and conditions of the offer have been clearly communicated both by Ice and by Money Saving Expert.

For anyone who would like more information regarding how to collect and spend Ice points, the details can be found on our website, including the full terms and conditions for each participating retailer.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Ice. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IceRewards wrote: »
    The “Go to website” button on the retailer pages will initially bring up a prompt from us either asking you to sign in or register a Mastercard credit card, or reminding you to use your registered card when you pay. You'll then be directed straight to the retailer website where you can find your local store or location information. This is why you would see the link directing to an Ice page first.

If you go to “Collect Points”, then the “Dining Out” category, at the top of the page you can click "display by postcode" and enter your postcode to find out which pubs are in a 5 mile radius of your address.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team

I am signed in. https://www.myice.com/shop-with-ice/dining-out/harvester/ really does just link to a myice page at https://www.myice.com/Templates/Public/Units/Ice/ which is Not Found. No prompt is displayed. You might want to look at that.

Why a 5 mile radius? That might work OK in London but I don't have even a small town within 5 miles of my postcode! That must be why it displays all the chains, some of which don't have a branch within 30 miles. Could we have a drop-down allowing us to pick the radius, please?

Thanks
  • IceRewards
    Options
    Aaron wrote: »
    I am signed in. https://www.myice.com/shop-with-ice/dining-out/harvester/ really does just link to a myice page at https://www.myice.com/Templates/Public/Units/Ice/ which is Not Found. No prompt is displayed. You might want to look at that.

Why a 5 mile radius? That might work OK in London but I don't have even a small town within 5 miles of my postcode! That must be why it displays all the chains, some of which don't have a branch within 30 miles. Could we have a drop-down allowing us to pick the radius, please?

Thanks

Hi Aaron,

We’re really sorry you’re experiencing some difficulties with our website. The problem you are having isn’t one we have encountered before and we haven’t been able to replicate it.

Nevertheless, we are very keen to resolve this for you, so if you wouldn’t mind contacting our Customer Services team (see below) to give us a bit more information, we can look into why this is happening.

Thank you for your feedback about the postcode search function, we’re always looking to hear back from our customers and I’ve passed this on to our development team.

Customer Services (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
    Live Chat via myice.com
    Email: customerservices@myice.com
    Phone: 01892 800380

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
  • Kangacarol
    Options
    If I return a purchase from M&S, will the points I used be refunded to my ICE account?
  • IceRewards
    Options
    Kangacarol wrote: »
    If I return a purchase from M&S, will the points I used be refunded to my ICE account?

When you use Ice points to purchase an M&S e-voucher, in the event that you return your order you will still receive the full refund value, including the value of the e-voucher. Your e-voucher is not cancelled and the Ice points will not be credited back to your account.

If you still have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Services team.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
  • Abbey1991
    Abbey1991 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone summarise this for a newbie?

It sounds like online purchases work just like quidco etc. and it doesn't matter which credit card you use..

And instore purchases give you extra points if you use your registered Mastercard. The main places seem to be loads of pubs, a few holiday places, and Go Ape.

Is that right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport