Time to turn this around

Options

Comments

• FiscalPickle
    Options
    Have fun, I love set menus in restaurants, nearly always my choice if dining with friends.

I miss my old work mates too, left my job in October and went self employed. It was the right decision for a whole hosts of reasons, but I miss the job and people so much, my self employed work is dull and boring and I tend to be on my own. But it is paying the mortgage and allowing flexibility with the kids so is worth it in the long run.

I am meeting up with my old work mates next week, stupidly excited lol!

Hope you enjoy your catch up this week, I had a great time at the meal so I don't mind the spendy part at all as it's budgeted for :j
    £20k debt paid off, now saving for mortgage deposit
    In the process of shedding 42lbs
  • FiscalPickle
    FiscalPickle Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 March 2018 at 6:28PM
    Options
    The debt total now stands at £18,649.50, so £2,616.97 has been paid off since LBM on 1st December. When I think about that, it is quite impressive given that Christmas happened followed by Skint January. I'm so pleased I've managed to pay over 10% of the debt in just over 3 months, without accruing any more credit card debt. I'm not missing my spendy splurges at all, the feeling of being in control and reducing this liability is so much better than the 5 second spending thrill.

2.5lbs off at Weight Watchers over the last 2 weeks, for a total of 4.5lbs lost in the first month. I'm happy with that, if I keep going at this rate I'll be done before the end of the year.
    :j:j:j
  • redofromstart
    Options
    That is great progress, both on the debt and the weight!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Great debt reduction in only a few months. Keep that up and by the end of the year it should be down to £10k or less.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Monday is here again, I spent £8 on a drink for me and Mr P on Saturday afternoon, managed to only spend just over £20 on the weekly shop as the meal plan for this week involves lots of using things up.

Pay day later this week, looking forward to chucking more at the debt. The budget for the whole month including entertainment plans is all worked out, if something else crops up I will just say no or suggest it happens after the next pay day.

We have 2 weddings coming up, I need to remind Mr P he needs to sort the gifts as
    1. they are his friends
    2. I haven't budgeted for this!

Usually, I would remind him about something like this, remind again, then nag, then buy something myself. Not this time pal, your friends = you pay :rotfl:
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Lol!

Well done on the amount paid off in such a short time.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Half a pound on at weigh in, grr. Not sure why that was, will just carry on and hope for a better result next week. Tomorrow is payday, so I'm looking forward to paying some debts and squirrelling a little away into saves. The emergency fund isn't going amazingly well, I'm really not sure whether to work on that first and then go back to debt-busting once I've saved £1,000. I don't think that approach would particularly motivate me, I might be tempted to dip into a growing EF. Hmm, will have to think on that one.
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Got £600 now towards paying off part of the balance on MBNA that is due to start accruing interest in April. By next payday I will have £1000, the chunk I am looking to pay off is £1174 so good progress on that front. At this rate will be able to clear the joint loan early, providing theres no early repayment penalty. Good progress so far, must keep going
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Excellent progress I would call it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Wow,well done on the debt and weight reduction so far,Ive been on diets on and off for years but have trouble maintaining once I get to goal,Ive always done WW in the past but this time I tried SW and it worked really well,I got to goal a couple of months ago but Ive been ill for the last three weeks so havent been to be weighed,Im going tomorrow to assess the damage and get back on plan,hopefully it won!!!8217;t be too bad
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback