Nationwide FlexDirect

Options
2»

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Same problem with TSB. Rent money due on 30th, some months it arrives on 1st so doesn't meet the criteria for interest. I can't change contract but do have another payment now mid month to make sure it complies
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • stevej2403
    Options
    I have changed the date for December already :-)
    Originally chose end of the month as I'm normally paid on 28th.

No problem with the months that have 31 days! When payment went out on 30th/31st it was fine. Checked February and it went out on the 28th.

Problems were April (Sun 30th) and September (Sat 30th) when it ended up going out on 1st of the following month.

Sent one more written message to the bank to appeal to their good nature ;-)
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    Like many people seem to be these days, your sense of entitlement is greater than your sense of accountability.
    You complain because they don't change their terms and conditions to accommodate your mistakes.
    Its only a bit of interest and you have still got a great rate over the year - write it off to experience and learn from it :)
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I may be miss-remembering here (it was 10 years ago) but I seem to remember that when I worked for Nationwide BS we wouldn't set-up any standing orders for dates after the 28th due to the 'February problem'.
  • TheShape
    Options
    stevej2403 wrote: »
    I have changed the date for December already :-)
    Originally chose end of the month as I'm normally paid on 28th.

I assume you did this so that when you had a spare £1000, you could pay it in to the FlexDirect and then back out?

Don't forget that you can send the £1000 out of the FlexDirect and then send it back in, in effect funding the £1000 pay-in requirement from itself.
  • Bilko1
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    I assume you did this so that when you had a spare £1000, you could pay it in to the FlexDirect and then back out?

Don't forget that you can send the £1000 out of the FlexDirect and then send it back in, in effect funding the £1000 pay-in requirement from itself.

I have just opened one of these accounts and the T&Cs say money cannot be paid in from another NW account, would i be allowed to pay in with cash drawn from another NW account? Can not find any mention of cash in the T&Cs.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bilko1 wrote: »
    I have just opened one of these accounts and the T&Cs say money cannot be paid in from another NW account, would i be allowed to pay in with cash drawn from another NW account? Can not find any mention of cash in the T&Cs.

Yes. Cash can come from anywhere but it's probably easier to use a non Nationwide account to transfer from
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • TheShape
    Options
    Bilko1 wrote: »

As already said, cash would be fine though personally, I would avoid depositing large amounts of cash into accounts as it's the kind of thing that banks can be wary of in regard to money laundering. Transfer via a non-Nationwide account in your name.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    I may be miss-remembering here (it was 10 years ago) but I seem to remember that when I worked for Nationwide BS we wouldn't set-up any standing orders for dates after the 28th due to the 'February problem'.

Some banks (can't remember which:o) say SO must be dated 25th or earlier.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Some banks (can't remember which:o) say SO must be dated 25th or earlier.
    Brands within LBG. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport