<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 September 2017 at 11:38AM
    Options
    Mmmm the curry sounds lovely - and budget friendly too! Sounds like today should be a day for a nice mix of doing the essential stuff and playing in the garden, with a degree of "taking it easy" thrown in. Definitely pace yourself though.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Two trips to the tip, lots of metal and rotted wood gone. Patio much better.

c£85 spent, windscreen wipers, school trousers (don't ask!), petrol and c£14 on food, RTC stuff (2 whole chickens, more veg, bread) and milk which was needed. I watched the skim milk slide out of the bottle into my tea this morning and knew that today would have to include spends.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the tip runs!

I managed hairdresser, tights, lip brushes, eyeliner sharpeners, black leggings and a quick impulse buy of a new dress for work next week as everything else is rather snug.

Didn't get the rest of the strimming and mowing done, so I need to deal with it while recovering from jet lag next week!

My first batch of bulbs has arrived. two HUGE boxes I can hardly lift!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    There is a lovely great empty space on the patio. It'd just fit a nice hot tub...

Anyway, boys had pasta, cheese and veg. We had the green curry, was alright and a fast lazy meal.

Tedious 8/10 (hurrah! Usually behind at this point).
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Lots of walking yesterday, 22k steps and my feet hurt.
    Tedious done.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Redo,

Just caught up with the rest of your diary (started reading last week and then work got in the way :mad:). You do so well with using things up out of the freezer, I need to get better at this. Did use up some corn on the cob dated March from the freezer yesterday :eek::D.

Have a lovely weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• doingitanyway
    Options
    22k steps is amazing :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I usually do somewhere between 10 and 12k, so this hurt. I did a fast trot all the way round the city centre for four hours, OH was working away so I had put my approach trainers on and borrowed his parking permit. There are some really pretty bits of the city and a lot off things have been done since the Richard 3rd stuff was about. I did go into TK Maxx to admire the bed linen but luckily the 800 count bedding was the wrong size or I might have strayed. Filled my car with cheaper fuel and nipped into the stupidmarket for some reduced bits.

We found a site that sells pretty log fired hot tubs. OH now wants one. Man brings fire, makes womans aching joints feel better. :rotfl:

Monday DS1 has to make a meal for a teenager that meets the government criteria for a balanced meal. He is waiting for me to think of something. I'm looking in my cupboards and trying to think of something that works with what we have, even if he will not eat it. Couscous and stuff maybe. Or yucky pasta.

Veg box people have sent me a 15 off a 30, plus my bank is offering me 20% cashback on them so I am tempted to order a box and a dairy pack as it works out about the same as stupidmarket with the discounts.

DS2 came home from school with two of last years lost jumpers. Lost last September. I know this because I number them as well as marking them! I hope they still fit. DS1 on the other hand has to have a book bought for English on Monday but he isn't sure which one it is, and also has a letter about a trip to the theatre for lots of money. Its during half term week and we are away so he can't go. I looked to see how much it would be for just me and him to go and it is £70 :eek:
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you get DS1 yo make his meal out of stuff that none of you eat and you should really get rid off? Or stuff that's free from the garden?

Nettle soup
    Couscous and berry salad with a herb vinaigrette (had something similar with quinoa on the plane)
    Stewed plums

Not sure what the protein element would be though. Rabbit maybe?!
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Is the veg box A&C? They have good offers...
    I used to have one fortnightly and I ate better....
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family