Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    chr_1s wrote: »
    Well good job I did open it, otherwise I would never have know how unfairly I've been treated. I will persue this matter with the FOS,

As I said earlier, the only valid complaint you appear to have is that the Bank sent you a letter intended for someone else.

How much (or even how little) another complainant was awarded has absolutely no relevance to your complaint I'm afraid. The Ombudsman can't change this fact.

However, you might get a "goodwill" payment of around £50 if you complain to the Bank about the wrongly addressed letter you received...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chr_1s wrote: »
    Well good job I did open it, otherwise I would never have know how unfairly I’ve been treated. I will persue this matter with the FOS, thanks for all your comments

You haven't been treated unfairly, someone else with different circumstances has been refunded, their situation is irrelevant to yours. Intentionally opening mail you know is not for you is very dodgy ground, if it could be proven you intended to gain from reading some else's mail you can be prosecuted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure