Aahh, finally got round to actually deal with debt!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

Would your hubby be able to get an egg loan himself to transfer the balance across to? Even if you've not got such good credit rating, if he mentioned yours? Might be worth a try? Or could you increase yours to put the balance on?

Sea xxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • creditcardjunkies
    Options
    Hi Sea78,

I did ask egg about increasing my loan, but it was just an internal loan to cover my card, so no credit search got done, which actually suited me as we're trying to withhold from applying for anything for a few months as our credit file took a bit of a battering at end of last year when we got refused for a few loans.

We'd just be happy with MBNA even de-creasing the% slightly, think jumping from17.9% to 27.9% is a bit extereme!!! And they said today this other department may consider doing this! (how nice of them haha!!)

But thanks, i'll just have to hope my hubby gets a nice wee helpful person at MBNA xx
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

I was in tesco today and opted for some cheaper options in things i usually buy!! Next stop Aldi!!

Thanks x

hiya and welcome
    just to let you know sometimes the tescos own make items are pretty good and a real cheaper option - even things like beans cornflakes
    also if you order online you are less likely to pick up random stuff and theres usually free delivery codes kicking about on here so works out cheaper

i prefer the likes of aldi/lidls for their fruit and veg - always seems to last longer and fresher unlike asda etc
  • creditcardjunkies
    Options
    poppy_f1 wrote: »
    hiya and welcome
    if you order online you are less likely to pick up random stuff and theres usually free delivery codes kicking about on here so works out cheaper

Thats a great idea, never considered doing it since i have a car. I'm sure both myself and my hubby recently received codes for this in an email!

Gonna give it a go this friday, because i donyt usually get eventually get round to shopping until monday night, which usually means buying junk over the weekend!
    Thanks xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport