£4,472.06 fluid
    £141,685.13 mortgage

Total o/s £153,978.82

Paid of this month:

£319.41 mbna
    £45.17 fluid
    £1,478 mortgage

Total:£ 1,842.58

I paid a bit more of the mortgage and mbna 0% cc due to the live of £1500 challenge, there should be a surplus for the next couple of months too as I'm using the cc instead of cash now so have a period of grace. The challenge is still on though , although need to check what's still left :D also paid £50 by dd into premium bonds again.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've just made a rash decision to sign up to mr t's delivery plan for 6 months :eek: £3 pm for up to one delivery a day on tues/weds/Thursdays. You can spend a minimum of £25 for the free delivery each time, so I think I'll try and give it a go. I'll still shop in lidl but it's a 15 min drive away, tesco is on the way home from work but I end up going I all the time with no list, buying wine etc. and delaying getting home to do the kids dinner.

I'm trying streamline running the house a bit, so worth a try :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Start balances :

£145,928.81 mortgage balance
    £9025.00 mnba 0%cc deal ends july 2015
    £5025.00 Santander 0% cc ends may2013
    £13,195.26 loft loan 6.4%

£173,174.07 total

Just had to look up the balances for the start of the mfi3 challenge from the end of last December, as I can't work out what I've paid since then. Total paid off works out at £19,195.25 so far this year :D much higher than expected due to getting a bit of money from dh's mum(about 12k I think) who sold a property in Spain that belonged to his late grandmother.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Woken up way to early today dh started work ages ago and left rather noisily. I'm starting to suffer cabin fever being stuck indoors for days ill, so I'm popping out to get a couple of bits for the cruise next week. Lidl are doing half bottles of champagne for £5.99 so I'm getting two of those for the cabin so we can sit out on the balcony being posh :D

Dh is super busy at work , we are having a new floor built in the factory this Friday , and a new apprentice starting Monday (first since dh started 27 years ago!) it's a friend of dds who applied and got the job, it will be so nice to have some young blood there as it's quite an old profession - dont want to type it so it show easily in searches but it's b oo k b in ding :D

Not much else going on, just need to have a rummage before I go out today to see what make up and toiletries I need.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Got my bits for the cruise yesterday from £1 land - classy :D

Dinner was a good food receipe to use up cauliflower and spinach, a kind of veggie pasta bake in layers, way to much effort for the boring end result :( also made adh a couple of portions of meatball in a red wine approved food mix which was v.good apparently.

First delivery from mr t arrived yesterday, I think i'll order at least 2 a week to get my money's worth with the delivery plan :D

A friend is coming over for lunch today so the plan is just to tidy up beforehand, I've still not followed the flyladying thread all week as I've felt so rough, I might even do my own plan that fits a bit better for me for next week as there is quite a lot to get ready before we go away.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi newgirly

I like the flylady system as adapted on here (ie a zone a day rather than a week) but do adapt it to fit around my plans and needs. Am totally off list this week due to one thing and another! :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Options
    Dd is off to thorpe park today Using our 5x tickets and fast passes for her and her college friends, the one driving has cheekily asked her for £8 towards petrol even though he has a free ticket and pass worth about £70, obviously she has graciously paid up, I am a bit surprised though!

Second mr t delivery has been ordered for Tuesday, I did have a look to see when the xmas slots become available but I can't seem to see them, I suppose it's too early still.

Dh working all weekend so I'm going to pack for the cruise today.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Cheeky friend!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Options
    The packing didn't get very far, I asked mum dad and gran round for coffee this morning, then went to the crematorium with dh (anniversary of his friends death) and then he wanted to buy a couple of fish on the way back as the last of ours had died a couple of weeks ago. We ended up buying two quite big parrot fish and they have been hilarious, they have spent the evening watching the TV from the corner of the tank.

Ds2 was convinced it's me being daft but he went sat in front Of them and every time he moved they followed him :rotfl:

I made a terribly lazy roast today, lidl frozen spuds, frozen veg and a pre cooked chicken followed by lots of chocolate from he 99p shop.

Time to get my backside into gear though:

To do list for this week:

MONDAY:

Work
    wash all clothes
    Run iron over dh's stuff that's got crushed in the wardrobe and pack
    Finalise mr t delivery Order for tues
    Clean bathroom and ensuite
    Find dh's cuff links
    Collect prescription from doctors
    Find passports
    Book cruise parking

TUES:

Work
    Wash all clothes
    Tidy car out and maybe wash
    Iron and pack the boys' clothes
    Clean out fired before shopping arrives
    Dye roots
    Print off confirmation

WEDS:

Work
    All washing
    Iron and pack dds clothes

THURS:

All washing
    Collect prescriptions from chemist
    Iron all my stuff and pack
    Clean Whole house
    Find camera and charger

FRI:

All washing
    Wash blazers and Fridays school clothes and pe kits
    Get hair cut
    Paint nails
    Get dog to Inlaws

That's it so far :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    Argh I could literally kill dh is morning, his new phone has woken me up repeatedly from about 4 am onwards as he has set it wrong and doesn't know how to turn it off for the SECOND day running :mad:

Still more time to start the long list I suppose! Need to check the accounts and purse , plan dinner for tonight, put a wash on and add a couple of bits to the online shop.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback