IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Metro Inn, Walsall

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You have a random dangling "2.6 The Claimant" right in the middle of 2.5.3 and then it switches to 2.5.1.

I believe that GPEOL (genuine pre-estimate of loss) has not been in use for some time. Search the forum using GPEOL as a search term.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    GPEOL has no place at all in a parking PCN defence or Witness Statement.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • celfighter
    celfighter Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    its court day today; I will let you know how it turns out. Thank you to everyone who helped me.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fisherp123 wrote: »
    its court day today; I will let you know how it turns out. Thank you to everyone who helped me.
    Very best of luck. Yes please, do come back and update us on the result.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Best of luck!
    Dont forget to ask for costs!
  • celfighter
    Options
    Ok, so I am really rather shocked. The decision to have the Judgement set aside has been adjourned for 2 weeks. I have been asked to prepare a defense of the alleged incident.

I cannot believe it. The claimant didn't bother to turn up.
    I told the judge that all my defense was already documented and presented to him. He said he wants a more distilled document with a defense detail.

I told him that firstly the claimant has yet identify who was driving the vehicle, and that it is simply not ok to serve a judgement against the registered keeper of the vehicle. The judge said 'that may form part of your defense.'

The fact that I had no NTK in the first place didn't seem to worry the judge.

I did in fact have a lwttwrbfrom QDR threatening county court proceedings but I thought this letter was all part of their threats. I was looking for a letter telling me when the court date would be so I could turn up and defend myself accordingly.

Anyway, I now have 2 weeks to prepare my defense. It might be as simple as saying I was the registered keeper and not the driver of the vehicle.

I will need to prepare some detail about the prominence (or lack of it) of the car park sign, I guess.

Is there anything else I should do now?

I have been told to send copies of my defense to the court and to claimant within the next 2 weeks.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    fisherp123 wrote: »
    Is there anything else I should do now?
    Learn how to spell DEFENCE?
  • celfighter
    Options
    Yes. Thanks for that Kirk !!!55357;!!!56397;
  • celfighter
    Options
    Can anybody offer any useful advice at this point? I am to prepare a distilled defence and submit within 7 days.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport