Lloyds and their Broken Contactless

Options
I don't know what is going on with Lloyds at the moment but for the last month their contactless system is completely broken to the point that it keeps disabling my bloody card and they have been absloutely no help whatsoever.

Every now and then my contactless gets declined, but unlike what it should do and say "insert card or use chip and pin, it's a straight decline, and I use chip and pin and it doesn't work (unless I wait an hour or so)

Lloyds are less than helpful telling me that I must enter a pin when the contactless transaction limit has been reached but no POS device will prompt me for that (straight decline) and it'll reject any attempted chip and pin transaction just after.

Clearly something is goosed Lloyds end as I have a Barclaycard I use occasionally and anytime that is past the contactless limit it'll ask for chip and pin rather than a decline.

It seems on Lloyds end whatever drives the message to use a pin and insert card doesn't function and it gives off a decline instead which then blocks the card for an hour.

Has anyone had this problem? If it keeps happening I'm off to Natwest as it's pretty embarassing.

Comments

• wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This happened to me at the pub for the England game on Monday, Two straight declines on contactless, but I tried entering my PIN and the transaction went through.

Interesting to see others (well at least one - you) have this problem. Its a bit of a deal breaker for me if it keeps happening, but in three weeks its happened once, so not worried just yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure