Waitrose Essential Mince Pies No Longer Vegan

Options
Our local just got their first batch in. On doublechecking the ingredients Mrs Un found that this year they have milk powder in them

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 October 2019 at 7:39PM
    Options
    There are still plenty of vegan mince pies around, although edible they tend not to be high end / luxury ones. The Aldi and Lidl own brands spring to mind - is it Holly Tree Farm?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 October 2019 at 7:55PM
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    There are still plenty of vegan mince pies around, although edible they tend not to be high end / luxury ones. The Aldi and Lidl own brands spring to mind - is it Holly Tree Farm?

Yes it's not the end of the world but they were really nice, really cheap and didn't involve trolleying off to another supermarket. Food Warehouse have something (I forget the brand) but you only get four, they're more expensive (and they're not as nice).

Anyway, just a heads up, as for many years the Waitrose ones were vegan, but no longer

Edit - sorry, to answer the question & clarify, Waitrose Essential is their 'economy' own brand

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you had a go at making your own? Home made usually tastes much nicer. If you are a vegan then it gives you total control over what you eat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure