» »

Waitrose Essential Mince Pies No Longer Vegan

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Waitrose Essential Mince Pies No Longer Vegan

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Gone Off!
3 replies 2.9K views
unrecordingsunrecordings
1.8K posts
Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Gone Off!
Our local just got their first batch in. On doublechecking the ingredients Mrs Un found that this year they have milk powder in them
Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?

Replies

• edited 8 October 2019 at 6:39PM
    VfM4meplseVfM4meplse PPR
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 October 2019 at 6:39PM
    There are still plenty of vegan mince pies around, although edible they tend not to be high end / luxury ones. The Aldi and Lidl own brands spring to mind - is it Holly Tree Farm?
  • edited 8 October 2019 at 6:55PM
    unrecordingsunrecordings
    1.8K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 8 October 2019 at 6:55PM
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    There are still plenty of vegan mince pies around, although edible they tend not to be high end / luxury ones. The Aldi and Lidl own brands spring to mind - is it Holly Tree Farm?

Yes it's not the end of the world but they were really nice, really cheap and didn't involve trolleying off to another supermarket. Food Warehouse have something (I forget the brand) but you only get four, they're more expensive (and they're not as nice).

Anyway, just a heads up, as for many years the Waitrose ones were vegan, but no longer

Edit - sorry, to answer the question & clarify, Waitrose Essential is their 'economy' own brand
    Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • MurphybearMurphybear
    5.5K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you had a go at making your own? Home made usually tastes much nicer. If you are a vegan then it gives you total control over what you eat.