Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words PP, we are in a good situation and can afford to take the knock backs once in a while. Let's just hope June is a saving month, not a spendy one.

The birthdays over the last couple of days have been lovely. Hubby & Pickle appreciative of their gifts and the days out have been fab.

Money wise I've lost track of things a bit, bank accounts an ynab up to date, but my targets below will not be quite accurate.
    Yesterday was a nsd, Wednesday wasn't.
    Had to pay my ynab subscription for the year which will need covering from my wages/expenses this month, not ideal, but I've put it in the budget for the next year going forward. Overend on the utilities section, caused by both old and new suppliers taking a payment has been covered by supply wages that came in today. So after that not a huge amount left to start rebuilding the £13 step plan, but things are looking good going forward.

Next week I've got 2 days at work, 1
    Day is a normal, salaried day, one is an additional hours visit day, so that's overtime plus travel. I've also got a day's supply. All the extra money is a start for June's pots as the supply will be paid on the 1st and the extra work hours with my June salary.

Submitted my expenses claim form for work yesterday, it's the expenses from the big trip I did after expenses deadline day in April, so it's huge and wil start to rebalance the budget a little.
    Today is washing mountain and taking Pickle out to spend some birthday money (he is going to get a helmet to accompany his new scooter before we go scooting tomorrow in the park.) the rest of his money he will save.

Right, continuing the limp through the month.
    Wish

mse May Goals

1) Mop Pot (Target total £241.72)
    Interest added: £54.44/£65.63
    £400 capital reduction: 0/129.26
    Mfw 2018 target amount: 0/£15.11
    Nice round number: 0/£31.72

2) 13 Step plan funding
    -£125/£872* :mad::mad::mad:

3) nsds
    8/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    7/20 (I think)

6) save the £2 coins (update monthly) hubby left one on the dining room table the other day - muppet! He thought it would still be there later.

7) get in size 14 jeans (update monthly)

*This is the amount I need to add into the 13 step plan for each of the next 27 months in order to achieve the ultimate goal (this is on top of the £210 mop pot target)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    The craziness of birthdays and in laws visiting has been replaced with the crazy normality of normal life. Hubby left for a work job this morning, he'll be back Wednesday night.
    Pickle and I returned the cake tin mould thing, bought a 'special hat' to go with his new scooter (this is likely to be a battle ground) and got fuel for the car.
    The £30 cash deposit for the cake Tim has been returned and accounted for in YNAB, so it's technically 'free' money now. Will see how long it lasts, I'm rubbish with cash.
    Fuel for The car is £10 under budget, and should last me well into June. I've got a work trip next week, but it's only 150ish miles. So that £10 should be freed up to go into a Savings pot at the end of the month.

I'm hoping for a low spend weekend. Taking the pickle to a local park to ride his scooter first thing tomorrow, then Mum and dad are arriving for 24hours. Sunday is church, pickle's nap, then usually a park trip. Weekend over in a flash.

My 1 job nap times and evenings this weekend though is to tidy the office.... I've too much work to do to work in it in the state it's in!

Wish

mse May Goals

2) 13 Step plan funding

3) nsds
    8/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    7/20 (I think)

6) save the £2 coins (update monthly) hubby left one on the dining room table the other day - muppet! He thought it would still be there later.

*This is the amount I need to add into the 13 step plan for each of the next 27 months in order to achieve the ultimate goal (this is on top of the £210 mop pot target)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all, has everyone had a lovely day? Ours has been super super lovely.

Scooter learning for the little one, lots of waterplay, playing with the train set. A visit from the grandparents (my parents) bacon butties, a Very gratefully received shepherds pie made at Pickle's request and a nsd.

I panicked slightly at lunch time due to the fact we'd consumed most of the bread for the bacon butties, but I then remembered we had left over bread rolls from last weekend's bbq in the freezer, so no spending required. (I've also got some wraps in the freezer so I can eek out the shopping for another day at least. )

I'm beginning to feel a little bit better about the budgets as we eek into the last third of the month. I've had quite a frugal week and the next week at least is looking busy so opportunities to save will be less.

I will need to do a food shop, there is only £23 left in the ynab pot, but I do have £30 of cash in my purse, £53 seems a lot
    More manageable for the remainder of the month, let's see what happens.

I hope everyone enjoys a lovely day tomorrow.

Wish

mse May Goals

2) 13 Step plan funding

3) nsds
    9/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    7/20 (I think)

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I am still loving this beautiful weather. Doors and windows open. Washing put out on the line before lunch already dry and able to be put away.

Friends coming round this afternoon. My friend's 8 year old is going to use all of Pickle's wooden railway track (he got a load for his birthday) to build an 'awesome' track system. The 8 year old is so excited that I asked him to do this and Pickle will love it.

So far on track for a nsd. Currently sat down relaxing while Pickle naps playing the 'advert
    Break jobs' game.

Love life.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all, how is it going in mse world?
    Little old Wish over here has been doing the number crunching...

Today Pickle and I did a food shop, a smidge over £36.00. This takes me right up to my budgeted amount for the month and chances are I wil have to buy a few fresh bits between now and the end of the month. I don't track cash quite as carefully as I do debit and credit transactions so the £30 cash I have in my purse will be the cushion for this pot. (technically £20 of this is money saved from the cleaner being poorly, but needs must this month)

Pickle and I enjoyed the sunshine all day and he still wanted to play outside as the heavens opened about an hour ago. Thankfully the lure of tea brought him inside.

While he's been having his post tea time tv fix, I've been doing some number crunching. (Be warned, you may not be able to follow this...)

I'm forgetting about the £872 target for the 13 step plan this month. This amount will just have to be divided amongst the remaining 26 months of the plan (about £33 a month)

I've worked out what I 'owe' the pots I've raided for the car, birthdays and the ynab subscription as well as the amount I still need to make the mop pot target.

When I add all this together, take out the income I know I'm getting before the end of the month (conservatively estimating my work expenses as I haven't got the exact figure in front of me) I'm £96.90 short.

So that is the challenge: £96.90 in 10 days. There will be some easy wins:
    I've underestimated my work expenses and I know there is a little surplus in one of our fortnightly subscription pots. I am still awaiting a cheque from a rail delay which I will chase tomorrow (on Work time as it was a work trip)
    There's still £10 in the petrol pot which I'm unlikely to need to use for fuel for the car, but am hanging onto it at the moment just in case. The cashback rewards on the bank account is showing £1.68 due at the end of May. I'm going to add this £96.90 as a new mini target to seee how I get on.

If I achieve this then I'll be back to where I was financially at the start of May, although I will have moved slightly further forward than required in terms of the mortgage overpayments.

You all know I like a detailed plan and I definitely like a challenge.

Wish

mse May Goals

Interest added: £65.63/£65.63 :j
    £400 capital reduction: £1.25/£129.26

2) 13 Step plan funding

2.5) 'Earn' shortfall on mop pot & money 'owed' to budget.
    £0.90/£96.90 (requested by balance from TCB)

3) nsds
    10/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    8/20 (I think)

6) save the £2 coins (update monthly)

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all, what another totally lovely day. Sadly I've been stuck at my desk working today so haven't been able to enjoy it. I am firefighting all the time at the moment, I just don't seem to be able to get ahead of myself in any way shape or form.
    A day's supply teaching tomorrow. But it won't be paid until a week on friday which is the first of June, so doesn't have any impact on my May figures. Which is good in some ways as I wouldn't need to try to make that final £96.

I cashed out 13p from Qm33 late last night which I've added to my 'bonus money' total, but other than that the only thing I've done towards meeting my target today is to have a nsd. I didn't even get a chance to chase the 'delay repay' cheque from the train company. Which I much do becuase it's nearly a third of the total I want to find by a week on Thursday.

No idea what tomorrow holds in terms of spending but it has the potential to be a nsd.

I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow.

Wish

mse May Goals

£400 capital reduction: £1.38/£129.26

2) 13 Step plan funding

£1.03/£96.90 (Qm33 payout)

3) nsds
    11/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    8/20 (I think)

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I am still loving and enjoying the weather.
    I've done my supply teaching day today. Really straightforward, TA support all day and one complex child taken to another class for the afternoon. I was happy to support him in lessons, but the head of key stage said it wasn't fair to have two complex children I don't know. I would go back to that school. As have previously said, money for that comes in on the first of June.
    Wage slip for my main job arrived today, so I've ynab'd it to affect the budget on the day it's paid (next Wednesday) exactly the amount I expected.

Also... the train delay cheque arrived, so I will pay that into the bank either tomorrow, if I'm home in time. Or on Friday, and that's £30.30 towards my £96 target.

A nsd again. Hooray! These are going surprisingly well considering the amount I've spent this month, I guess it's becuase I spent a lot of money on just a few days.

Main job visit & inspection tomorrow, that's additional hours (will be paid at the end of June) plus expenses.

Hubby home later this evening, he's around tomorrow (Daddy in charge while I work away) then he's off to a food festival (working) for the weekend on Friday.

It's all go in the Wish house. Have a fab evening.

Wish

mse May Goals

2) 13 Step plan funding

3) nsds
    12/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    8/20 (I think)

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad your supply day went well:). Almost Friday then you can enjoy some family time :D xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I am shattered! Early start this morning. Grilling from an inspector for the majority of the day (thankfully the outcome was successful) then a hideous drive back up the M6 tonight.

Thankfully I arrived home just in time for a pickle cuddle and his bath & bed time.

This evening I've proof read a friend's job application form and attempted to control the migraine I knew I would get after today's activities.

Money wise, no bank account activity, but some spends on snacks in a service station on the way home as I'd run out of the things I'd bought with me and I knew I was about to hit a traffic jam.

Hubby isn't now working tomorrow (hooray) so we can have a family day. We're taking Pickle to a local ish NT place for some more scooter training. (As long as the weather holds)

I hope everyone has a good Friday.

Wish

mse May Goals

2) 13 Step plan funding

3) nsds
    12/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    8/20 (I think)

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all,

Not a nsd, I bought the 'lunch out' today and we needed pastry to make a pie for tea. I also paid the train delay cheque into the bank, so progress on that £96. Could do with doing some surveys to bump it up really, but no motivation at the moment.

Early night needed, I am very tired still from yesterday, I even napped when Pickle napped today.

Happy half term everyone.
    Wish

mse May Goals

£400 capital reduction: £2.58/£129.26

2) 13 Step plan funding

£31.33/£96.90 (Train delay cheque)

3) nsds
    12/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    11/32

5) use the debit card
    8/20 (I think)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure