Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    today has been a nsd - so I'm off the mark with that one. I am absolutely shattered. Pickle still not 100% so he was hard work at church this morning. Thankfully he zonked out for most of it. Then we had a little Christmas party bring and share.
    After that I went to a friend's house for a couple of hours with tea and then came home, bed time routine and Pickle is asleep.

Tonight I need to cleaner proof the house and look forward to hubby getting home about 10, when I shall pass over the paternal baton and sleep.

MSE December Goals

1) Reduce Mortgage capital by £600
    Target 1: interest added £10.70/£70.66
    Target 2: next brick on the house £0/£2.11
    Target 3: £400 capital reduction £0/£100
    Target 4: £500 capital reduction £0/£100
    Target 5: £600 capital reduction £0/£100

2) Emergency fund back up to £700
    £2.74/£92.74

3) Surveys, cashback, sales etc. £0/£50

4) 15 NSDs
    1/15
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    food shopping has been done. Here are the incredibly boring numbers...

Grocery budget £50 per week.
    My supermarket said: £74.55 (includes some shopm1um purchases & some 'household goods' purchases. )
    Actual Spend: £64.32
    Broken down as:
    Groceries: £49.58 just in budget eeek!
    Household goods:£14.74
    Cashback to come from Shopm1um: £4.50 (approx)

I haven't done my mop pot Tilly tidied as I need to go on the computer to do them, which is a job for whenim working tomoorw.

I shall report back tomorrow (which will hopefully be a nsd).

MSE December Goals

Target 1: interest added £10.70/£70.66

£2.74/£92.74

4) 15 NSDs
    1/15[/QUOTE]
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    I need to do more on the NSD front - it is one of my real aims for 2017. I know I should be starting now but I'm likely to fail every day right now!

I'll certainly join you in the NSD quest next month.....with a vengence!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I need to do more on the NSD front - it is one of my real aims for 2017. I know I should be starting now but I'm likely to fail every day right now!

I'll certainly join you in the NSD quest next month.....with a vengence!!

You are more than welcome to join me. I actually think December could be one of the easier months as there are so many 'let's just avoid people and head to the wilds' bank holidays and 'says that feel like a bank holiday' I'm also trying to have nsds on my work days/days Pickle is at the childminders, which at 3 days per week should add up quite nicely.

(But now I've said it could be an easier MOnth, watch me blow it now!)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all a nsd here (woop woop) but not as productive as I'd hoped. My main job was to plan some generic lessons for supply teaching, but I procrastinated because I started feeling a bit anxious. I just need to 'get over it' I have done the majority of the washing though so procrastinating can have its benefits.

I've also sorted the Tilly tidies from yesterday and split between the rainy day fund and the mop pot.

MSE December Goals

Target 1: interest added £13.30/£70.66

£7.74/£92.74

4) 15 NSDs
    2/15
  • DrSpendLittle
    Options
    Evening all a nsd here (woop woop) but not as productive as I'd hoped. My main job was to plan some generic lessons for supply teaching, but I procrastinated because I started feeling a bit anxious. I just need to 'get over it' I have done the majority of the washing though so procrastinating can have its benefits

I've had a similar day... procrastinating over a bit of writing I need to do. I also just need to 'get over it' but its hard when its something creative and 'personal'.

Really enjoy the MOP pots you do - giving me lots of good ideas for when I start that journey after sorting debt, emergency fund, student loan debt and 6% of salary private pension. Some time yet but always good to be inspired early!

I also think you should just treat yourself to the new sling! Pickle will be in school before you know it! Hashtag Bad Influence :rotfl:
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Thanks DSL,
    I have just bought a wrap but the pattern of buckles sling I want isn't in stock at the moment. I will divert money to the sling pot if needs be, but while it's not in stock I'll just keep the pot there doing nothing.

What really helps the motivation for the pots is 'over budgeting' the ynab caregories, so our mortgage payment is £297.89 but the ynab mortgage pot is £300 at the start of each month, it just keeps things tidier and gives me a start on each month's mop pot. I then transfer the surplus to the mop pot to tidy things up.
    Won't work for everyone. But does work for me.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya Wish. Congrats on your November totals. How's your supply work going? Good I hope .

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Hiya Wish. Congrats on your November totals. How's your supply work going? Good I hope .

PP xx

Hi PP
    Thank you, Supply hasn't happened yet, I keep making excuses (mostly genuine) when they ring, but I've committed to receiving a call for next Wednesday. My other job is ramping up more than expected, I'm doing 1.5-2 days a week for them. so only 1 day left for supply.

I going to do some lesson planning over the weekend so I've got something in case there has been nothing left. Maybe some christmas things for the next couple of weeks.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    wishingthemortgaheaway Posts: 2,536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2017 at 12:06AM
    Options
    I'm struggling to update everyday as I'm having to go on the computer in the office to do my tilly tidies, yes, I've worked all day today in the office, but I've been really busy, so not had a chance to do anything.

Yesterday was mine and hubby's 'Christmas shopping day' when you take out the time for brunch, coffee & a cinema trip to see Paddington, there wasn't much time for actual shopping. I've got a list of things to buy online though, and then I'll be done with the purchasing and just have to focus on the making.

Today has been a NSD as planned. My Mop pot is growing slower than it could as every time I get #5 I could overpay, I'm adding it to the rainy day fund, until that hits this month's targets.

In not so good news, the landline phone bill arrived today - £8.04 over the budgeted amount. over £6 is claimable on work expenses, but then there are a couple of other 0300 and 0345 numbers I've had to call. still, cheaper than calling them on my mobile.

All my work expenses have been approved - over £100. I'm going to build a buffer in YNAB of about £100 to pay out for train tickets so anything over the £100 will be split between the rainy day fund and the mop pot. I've got another work trip next week, driving again and fuel already paid for. But, due to Christmas those expenses will come into January's wages.

MSE December Goals

Target 1: interest added £16.12/£70.66

£12.74/£92.74

3) Surveys, cashback, sales etc. £4.58/£50
    £4.58 - Shopmium

4) 15 NSDs
    3/15
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure