Connecting Wii

Options
I have had for over a year my bog standard cheap tesco t.v. I only just decided to connect my wii to said t.v.. I know this just proves how often I use it, the connectors from wii have composite A.V. cables ?, red yellow and white, my t.v. has only blue red and green, is there anything I can buy to link the 2
Do I need it or just want it.

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm assuming this is what you are referring to?
    https://www.lifewire.com/shared-composite-component-video-input-connections-4103732

Should just be a matter of plugging the cables into the right holes.
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Failing that, there are "Wii to HDMI" adapters available, not so expensive, so you can put it through to a HDMI socket.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm assuming this is what you are referring to?
    https://www.lifewire.com/shared-composite-component-video-input-connections-4103732

Should just be a matter of plugging the cables into the right holes.
    My colours don`t match tried various permutations, I am not techno savvy, bought an HDMI connector as Paul_DNAP, thanks
  • psychic_teabag
    Options
    My TV came with an extra little bit of cable/convertor with a composite video input at one end, and a tv-specific connector at the other. Not that this will help you much...

My Wii came with a SCART adapter, with sockets to accept the Wii connectors so that you can plug it into a SCART input socket on the tv.
  • pamsdish
    Options
    My TV came with an extra little bit of cable/convertor with a composite video input at one end, and a tv-specific connector at the other. Not that this will help you much...

My Wii came with a SCART adapter, with sockets to accept the Wii connectors so that you can plug it into a SCART input socket on the tv.
    This t.v. has no scart input, it came with an adaptor, scart one end a pin like a power jack, if you understand me, anyway that broke, even though it was never removed from initial installation, my sat box is now connected by HDMI.
    This t.v. will probably last forever as thinking next set I buy I will check all the connections first.
  • Paul_DNAP
    Options
    Next set you buy will probably be HDMI only, the support for the older connection types is dwindling very rapidly.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You'll be lucky to find any decent TV with a SCART connection.
    Also, even if you connected the Wii to your TV the input lag would probably not make playing games a joy.
    probably best to look for a Wii HDMI converter as suggested in post #3.
    There are many of them with different branding, but, they are all exactly the same product.......
    See HERE..

Good luck...:)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • pamsdish
    Options
    RumRat wrote: »
    You'll be lucky to find any decent TV with a SCART connection.
    Also, even if you connected the Wii to your TV the input lag would probably not make playing games a joy.
    probably best to look for a Wii HDMI converter as suggested in post #3.
    There are many of them with different branding, but, they are all exactly the same product.......
    See HERE..

Good luck...:)
    ordered one of these too, many thanks all
  • pamsdish
    Options
    The HDMI connector advised by RumRat arrived first, connected it up, all going great, thanks all for your help. Paul_Dnap thank you too, keep yours as back up.
    I know most of the time what I want/need to do, I am a 69 year widow, who needs to know what these things are called before I can find them. Simple explanations are needed.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pamsdish wrote: »
    The HDMI connector advised by RumRat arrived first, connected it up, all going great, thanks all for your help. Paul_Dnap thank you too, keep yours as back up.
    I know most of the time what I want/need to do, I am a 69 year widow, who needs to know what these things are called before I can find them. Simple explanations are needed.
    Glad it helped........I think most people need simple explanations, so you are not alone.....:)
    Enjoy.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business