IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC Received from Gladstones

Options
2»

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    Options
    Also check that it matches the actual signs on the gorund. Theyve lied before!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your therapist caused this by telling you to park somewhere that was pay & display and told you it was free! no doubt she will get a court claim soon or has quietly paid up and hasn't told you as she doesn't want to worry you.
    Do I have a hope in hell of winning this
    Yep, Gladstones' claims are diabolical. We see 99% of cases won and we also save people £110 even if they lose, so what's not to like?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Hiya, Thanks Nosferatu1001,

Have checked signs from photo’s I took a few months ago, and they actual photo’s seem to tally up (look genuine), just not sure about the “map” showing placing if signage which I would need to go back and check..
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Hiya, Thanks CouponMad,

Yes, true about therapist, I hav since mentioned the tickets to her, and said she paid up all of hers that looked as though they were not going to go away and that court action was likely... she can afford to!

As fine is now £160, are you saying that you can save me £110 on this even if I lose?

Although it will cause a sting to my finances if I do/Mum pays at this stage.. it’s more about the time involved out of my life right now if it does go to court, as it seems that I will have quite a few more hoops to jump through tif it goes that way..? And forms to fill out and court attendance etc (will it be near me? If goes that way?).

Am not sure I have the energy for it as I feel am very unsure about what grounds I can use to defend this?

I have another PCN which I feel am clearly not at fault on which I will fight all the way if I have to.. Just trying to assess time involved from this point forward as know my mental health treatment is going to take it out of me for a period of about 6 weeks or so starting 9th October and much as I would love to save £’s money may not be the important thing here... Can you help advise at all?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lotuslady wrote: »
    Hiya, Thanks CouponMad,

Yes, true about therapist, I hav since mentioned the tickets to her, and said she paid up all of hers that looked as though they were not going to go away and that court action was likely... she can afford to!

As fine is now £160, are you saying that you can save me £110 on this even if I lose?

Although it will cause a sting to my finances if I do/Mum pays at this stage.. it’s more about the time involved out of my life right now if it does go to court, as it seems that I will have quite a few more hoops to jump through tif it goes that way..? And forms to fill out and court attendance etc (will it be near me? If goes that way?).

Am not sure I have the energy for it as I feel am very unsure about what grounds I can use to defend this?

I have another PCN which I feel am clearly not at fault on which I will fight all the way if I have to.. Just trying to assess time involved from this point forward as know my mental health treatment is going to take it out of me for a period of about 6 weeks or so starting 9th October and much as I would love to save £’s money may not be the important thing here... Can you help advise at all?

Your therapist should seek the help of a therapist ???

You are being scammed by the incompetent Gladstones and you have not been fined, you do not owe £160

We cannot stop you paying but you will be supporting a scam which has no barrier, attacking old and young plus disabled people and disgracing themselves attacking cancer patients

What do you think, are you happy with that or do you want to fight
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Hiya Thanks beamerguy,

I completely get your point and am a practising Buddhist so believe in standing up against injustice totally..
    I am also registered as having a disability for tax credit purposes at this point in time and about to go through some fairly heavy treatment for PTSD which would wipe me out for a while...

I think I sincerely would like to fight it.. just getting muddled reading all the posts of the next stage (if it happens!) and a possible defence?

There were 2 signs at the entrance 1 an old Budgens sign, plus the “Pay and Display” one by Horizon a few feet beyond... as I said the photo’s taken are clearer and i couldn’t use this as a defence... I have not at any point admitted being the driver however... So is my only defence this one, as until I am clear in my mind about it, not feeling 100% about a clear decision.. then I can move forward knowing what maybe ahead.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Are both the PCNs from the same PPC about the same place, if so then you want to point it out and insist that they consolidate it into one claim, to minimise costs & court time and to prevent the possibility of (essentially) the same facts being heard twice.

We can help you remove any £60 debt collection or 'legal fees' add-ons by knowing what to say even if you are one of the rare 1% who lose.

You would definitely include unclear/unseen signs in any defence every time.
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Hiya Coupon Mad,

Thanks so much for your reply, apologies for late response.. my therapy been whacking me out!
    No although Gladstone’s dealing with both,they are from different counties! One next home and the other near family which am confident would definately win..
    It’s the other one not so confident about..

One has just sent me another email, saying if i don’t pay up or give a substantive response within 30 days of my receiving it then client may elect to issue legal proceedings without further notice (though this is the other thread I started and don’t want to confuse things))
    Assume I do nothing? As have already pointed out their errors in writing previously?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 19 October 2019 at 2:21PM
    Options
    I agree, if there is nothing more to be said than wait for the court claim.
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Ok great, thanks for confirming that Coupon Mad,

Your help is very much appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business