Chinese buyer ?

Options
An item I was selling on eBay specifically had postage to UK only and GSP turned off on the listing, but I’ve had a Chinese buyer purchase it and not sure how?

I don’t want to post to China.

He’s bought but not paid.

What’s best way to proceed?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,295 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Go through the motions of sending an invoice, he might have a UK shipping address.
    There are lots of Chines buyers now buying up retro, antiques, collectibles, I get several a month. Some do go through GSP for me but also many go through a third party shipper, usually a storage facility near an airport.

As a seller you need to show receipt at the storage facility only to win an INR and if it is then forwarded on , buyer loses buyer protection for an SNAD.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What happens if I issue an invoice and it’s a Chinese address?

I didn’t have GSP switched on.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,295 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    What happens if I issue an invoice and it’s a Chinese address?

I didn’t have GSP switched on.

Just start the process and if a Chinese address comes up don't send the invoice but come back and let us know.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I tried.

Coming up with Chinese address and wants me to add international postage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure