posted to wrong place - Credit file question

Options
Hello..

I am after some advice, while checking our credit files I have noticed thata bank account in hubby’s name shows late payment 5+ months of £10, now whathappened was he got a new mobile phone and during the application they askedfor a bank details to confirm his identity, as I was doing the application forhim while he was at work I just grabbed a card for a bank that is NEVER used! (Openedyears ago to transfer bank but typical hubby never got round to it). All wentthrough fine but when it came to the bill he got a text to say payment had beenrefused and was overdue. When he called he said he had never set up a DD sothey took his details.

But what looks like has happened is they have tried to take a payment fromthis account and the bank have refused and charged £10. I only discovered thisrecently when filing bank statements his last statement shows £ 10 O/D the bankhad changed him for bounced payment and looks like for the past 5 months thishas shown on his credit file as late payment!

I have obviously paid in the £10 to clear the account but is there anythingI can do for his credit file? Notice of correction to explain it was a sillymistake? Should I contact the bank and explain?

Thanks for reading I look forward to hearing any advice you may have
I will be debt free by 2016 :T
DS1 born 10/04/2009. DS2 born 25/03/2011

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    He could try contacting the bank and asking if they will consider removing the entries as a goodwill gesture as it was a mistake (don't cloud it by saying you used the details). They may agree to (or may not).

Did he not receive any letters/statements from the bank for those 5months? if for some reason he didn't that would likely help his case, if he did receive them but didn't read them that would probably make a goodwill gesture less likely.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family