Ice loyalty scheme

Options

Comments

• qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Registered a while ago and got 1000 points. Tried to use it for the first time. Not a pleasant experience: even though it claims to have £10 in both JL and M&S available in bright color, when I click "Spend points", I only have the choice of 50 points (£1) and 450 points (£5) for JL and only 50 points (£1) for M&S!!!???
  • IceRewards
    IceRewards Posts: 27 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Abbey1991 wrote: »
    Can anyone summarise this for a newbie?

It sounds like online purchases work just like quidco etc. and it doesn't matter which credit card you use..

And instore purchases give you extra points if you use your registered Mastercard. The main places seem to be loads of pubs, a few holiday places, and Go Ape.

Is that right?

To start collecting rewards you first need to register your Mastercard credit card to your Ice account. Ice rewards are on top of other rewards, discounts and promotions you may get with the retailer.

For a full list of retailers participating and how to collect rewards please see myice.com and look for the Mastercard logo. For these retailers (such as TUI, First Choice, Harvester, Toby Carvery, DFDS, JoJo Maman Bebe and many more) simply pay with your registered Mastercard credit card and your transactions with these retailers will be automatically tracked. You can collect with Mastercard retailers both online or instore, please check each retailer page for more information.

For other Ice retailers (including Marks and Spencer and John Lewis) you always have to go via myice.com for your transactions to be tracked, but you do not have to pay using your registered Mastercard.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Services team who are always happy to talk through any queries you may have.

The MSE10 promotion ended on 10th July and therefore is no longer valid.
    qsk wrote: »
    Registered a while ago and got 1000 points. Tried to use it for the first time. Not a pleasant experience: even though it claims to have £10 in both JL and M&S available in bright color, when I click "Spend points", I only have the choice of 50 points (£1) and 450 points (£5) for JL and only 50 points (£1) for M&S!!!???

We’re sorry you haven’t been able to exchange your promo points for an M&S or John Lewis voucher yet. Please be assured we are continually uploading more £10 vouchers to our website so please do keep checking back. You have three years to use your Ice points therefore please do not think that they will expire if you do not exchange for an e-voucher quickly.

You can also spend your points with any of our other participating retailers like Toby Carvery, Harvester, TUI, Go Ape and many more when you pay with your registered Mastercard credit card. Please see myice.com for a full list of participating retailers.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Ice. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Scooby123
    Options
    I used some points with M&S in early June, but I can't use any more points with them as the transaction is still "pending".

This is now 70 days they've had to verify the transaction - it's a good thing that my points are valid for up to three years as I might need to wait that long to be able to use them........

Surely it shouldn't take over 10 weeks to verify a transaction - that certainly isn't making me want to use my MasterCard for transactions!!
  • IceRewards
    Options
    Scooby123 wrote: »
    I used some points with M&S in early June, but I can't use any more points with them as the transaction is still "pending".

This is now 70 days they've had to verify the transaction - it's a good thing that my points are valid for up to three years as I might need to wait that long to be able to use them........

Surely it shouldn't take over 10 weeks to verify a transaction - that certainly isn't making me want to use my MasterCard for transactions!!

Thank you for your feedback. Our relationship with Marks & Spencer means that we have to wait for transactions to be validated, which is outside of our control, and we appreciate that this can take some time.

You can spend your points with any other retailer in the Ice programme to get a discount when you dine out, for instance at Harvester or Toby Carvery. You can see a full list of places to spend your points at myice.com.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Ice. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Scooby123
    Options
    Sadly that's not much help to me - I want to use the points at M&S ! ELEVEN weeks now and still no action
  • IceRewards
    Options
    Scooby123 wrote: »
    Sadly that's not much help to me - I want to use the points at M&S ! ELEVEN weeks now and still no action

We are sorry that there has been a delay in M&S approving pending transactions, which we have been chasing. We have now been assured that pending transactions made up to and including 7th July will be confirmed by the end of the day on Friday 31st August.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
  • little_ianto
    Options
    Tried to buy a train ticket via Train Genius using loyalty points on Wednesday. Worked well until the payment page, then nothing. Contacted Train Genius who said to contact Ice, who said to get back to TG. They said they would look at the problem and get back to me. Guess what, that's right, no return phone call. Perhaps they should consider changing their name.
  • IceRewards
    Options
    Tried to buy a train ticket via Train Genius using loyalty points on Wednesday. Worked well until the payment page, then nothing. Contacted Train Genius who said to contact Ice, who said to get back to TG. They said they would look at the problem and get back to me. Guess what, that's right, no return phone call. Perhaps they should consider changing their name.

We're sorry TrainGenius hasn't been in contact with you, we've been trying to sort this out with them directly on your behalf. We haven't been able to replicate the problem on our system, but if could get in contact with our Customer Services team, we can check the details of your exact transaction with TrainGenius and get this resolved.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team

Customer Services (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
    Live Chat via myice.com
    Email: customerservices@myice.com
    Phone: 01892 800380
    Verified Company
  • IceRewards
    Options

We wanted to send a quick courtesy note to let you know that the Ice points you claimed towards your Train Genius transaction are now back in your account. Just as a word of reassurance, you will never lose your Ice points if a transaction with Train Genius doesn’t complete for any reason. We keep the Ice points discount live for 5 days in case you want to try to make the transaction again, in which case the Ice discount will automatically be deducted against the completed transaction. After that time if your Ice discount is unused we credit the Ice points back to your Ice account 48 hours later.

We are sorry that you encountered this issue completing your Train Genius purchase. We haven’t been able to replicate the error but if you would like us to investigate this further please don’t hesitate to contact us with the details of your transaction.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
  • flyingflea
    flyingflea Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I have a 1000 points which I wanted to use for M&S in store but doesn't look like that's possible and John Lewis isn't available any more.

How on earth do I spend the 1000 points on a £10 gift certificate for Toby Carvery or somewhere else?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure