IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine, but i was not driver

Options
I lent my partner's brother my car while his was in the garage.

he got a park fine, for not showing the correct permit for car.

He has told the parking company that he was the driver, provided his address, when he got the fine as he was contesting it.
yet the parking company is chasing me for this fine... can they do this, as my partner brother has admitted it was him.

if he does not pay the fine, can i be forced to?

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What have you had from the PPC? You should be able to write to them and inform then of the driver's name and address for service and the driver should get his own Notice to Driver.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2019 at 10:03PM
    Options
    You have not even told us which parking firm and if they used the POFA in their notice to keeper.

You need to confirm the driver was your brother at his address, and tell the scammers to transfer liability and that they should not be writing to you as they already had his admission in his contact.

The PCN probably even gave you a form to transfer liability to him.

Then send him here to post, so he doesn't do anything STUPID like pay it, or even STUPIDER like pay money to some useless leech: 'we appeal for you' company...more than one of which are more terrible, disorganised and ludicrously aggressive than parking firms are.

I detest it when people actually pay money to scum. Don't let him do that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure