National Trust- Parking and Fines

Options
Some National Trust Properties Parking is Free and at other here is a charge for non members. At a couple there is even a charge for members to Park. If you have an up to date parking sticker on the windscreen I presume this should be sufficient. If for some reason you have not paid what is the fine and how do National Trust enforce it. Where does it say what the fine will be at each properties as I have not seen it on the parking ticket dispenser. i do not think i have seen anyone monitoring cars parked in National trust properties to see if they are displaying a Parking ticket or a National Trust sticker

Comments

• prenton01
    Options
    They don't fine they send you a letter asking to pay the car park fee
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, some NT car parks are patrolled by PPCs who do issue tickets and invoices - The NT car parks in the Lake District are amongst them.

Should anyone get landed with one of these fake fines, they should head over to the Parking Tickets Subforum here and start by reading the Newbies Sticky carefully - Which will inform them fully and lay-out what’s needed to challenge and even defend themselves in court from these predators.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    Options
    Wherever possible you should use your NT card to obtain a ticket from the machine and not depend upon the windscreen sticker.

This has come about because there have been some instances of non NT members displaying the sticker which they have been given by friends who are members.
  • Emma_Lincoln
    Options
    I was not aware there enforceable parking fines at any national Trust properties. I have always displayed my sticker on the windscreen and have never been challenged.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    No, some NT car parks are patrolled by PPCs who do issue tickets and invoices - The NT car parks in the Lake District are amongst them.

Should anyone get landed with one of these fake fines, they should head over to the Parking Tickets Subforum here and start by reading the Newbies Sticky carefully - Which will inform them fully and lay-out what’s needed to challenge and even defend themselves in court from these predators.

Why are they "fake" ? Yes we all know they are not "fines", but they are parking charges.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Options
    Why not get yourself into the appropriate forum, where your question has been done to death already?
  • TonysTips
    Options
    Sorry What is the appropriate forum. Can you show me the link to parking and fines at National Trust properties please.
  • Magic_Moments
    Options
    I always display my sticker and have have never been asked for my membership card. I have not seen signs up anywhere in the car park about fines. As I am a member I have never gone to the ticket machine to obtain a parking ticket as I have my sticker nor have I seen anyone patrolling the car parks at National Trust properties.
    In some high street car park stating about fines they also state sometimes the car park as monitored by an outside company if you do not display a ticket. I have note seen such notices in National Trust property car parks.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Options
    At a NT car park in Studland, Dorset a few weeks ago we showed the card at the hut on the entrance and were told to get a ticket from the machine in the car park. No idea if we risked getting a parking ticket without it.
  • BH246
    BH246 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I have not come across any notice of fines in National Trust car parks. When there was someone on a gate they saw my sticker and waved me through. I never have been asked to show my membership card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure