Hotel refund unexpectedly

Options
Hi all.

I returned from my holiday abroad on Tuesday this week - all was fine until I woke up this morning to see that the hotel I stayed in has refunded three transactions to me totalling £100+ (I am with Starling so I received the notifications on my phone).

Two of them were paid with Chip & Pin on Monday 21st and the final transaction was the tourist tax paid also by Chip & Pin at the reception desk when checking out on Tuesday 22nd; the recent transactions on Starling confirm that the payments were successful and left the account.

No card details were provided to the hotel when we checked in.

Not entirely sure what to do about this - is there any action I should be taking?

Comments

• CardinalWolsey
    Options
    Did the hotel actually debit your account initially, or simply place a hold for the amounts on your account? This could be the hold timing out and being removed.

What to do about this? Ensure you maintain a balance on the account to cover the charges when/if they are re-presented, and check your inbox for contact from the hotel regarding making payment.
  • nursery33
    Options
    Can Anyone hep me please? I am having a very bad experience with Booking.com. at the moment.
    I was booked at an apartment in Kiev Ukraine on the 1st October 2019 which I walked out and left because the property was not as it was described.
    I then cancelled my booking Straight away.
    Yesterday 29th October I was charged the full amount of £285.When I have contacted Booking.com from 7.45 in the morning until 10pm last night. All the response I got was that they have told me I didn’t reply to an email they said they sent me 24 hours after my cancellation.So now I have lost my £285 .This cannot be right as I have no recollection of receiving this email and also if I have cancelled with the property why should I need to confirm this with Booking.com ? I would appreciate if your team could look into this for me please.I feel this is unjustified and very unfair.I would like like this resolved if possible thank you.
    Yours sincerely
    Anthony Prescott
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    nursery33 wrote: »
    I would appreciate if your team could look into this for me please.I feel this is unjustified and very unfair.I would like like this resolved if possible thank you.
    Yours sincerely
    Anthony Prescott

There is no team here. This is simply a public forum which is frequented by people asking and answering questions.

As to receiving a refund. This will depend on many different things such as the terms of the contract (did it state that you had to contact Booking.com in the event you were not happy), how you paid, under what country's law the contract was governed etc.

You need to give a lot more details about exactly what happened (including timescales) before any sensible advice can be given.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure