MSE News: Co-op faces customer backlash following bungled system upgrade

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• stracs
    stracs Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 May 2016 at 2:20PM
    Options
    I was taken on as a customer in Sep 2015 and sent an estimate for the year as £381. Several months, phonecalls, emails later and finally 9 months later they eventually get me a bill based on 3/4 of that year: £1300 (which for the full year would equate to £1950 411% above their estimate.

All this for 8,867 units/kwh usage - when the UK average is 13,000.

What the hell is going on Co-op? I have spent hours on the phone, if I invoiced my hourly rate to them - they would owe me money by now!!

I am confident I will sort it out - if not with them, then with Ombudsman, some things I have done that I think help:
    1. Ask to log a formal complaint - they react to this and from this point on you will deal only with complaints team
    2. I have kept a record of every conversation
    3. I insist every call that they summarise and put notes on the account
    4. I have detailed everything in an email to both them, and also pre-emptively sent one to the ombudsman, as a heads up.

And seeing as they start every phonecall to me with "I need to point out that phonecalls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes" - well good they are going to need them, as I will be insisting that they listen back and see what an absolute joke the whole company is.

They have asked me if I want to go fixed 2017 for £500, I have told them only if they agree to one of the following 3 proposals:

1. align my previous usage to this tariff (ie £500 / 9 months)
    2. charge me the agreed estimate £381 for the year
    3. scrap the bill completely as a gesture of goodwill and to make up for the time and stress caused by the hours and hours of effort and phonecalls, and presenting me with a bill for £1300 - has put me under.

Keep you posted

Oh there is also a FB disatisfaction group purely for CoOp Energy, worth joining and adding wight to the cause there? Maybe then post the link on their Twitter account?
  • Mehitabel9860
    Options
    I made the mistake of switching to Co Op Energy some time ago - after a hopeless year of direct debit chaos I switched away in early 2015. They emailed me after the switch, saying I hadn't switched away and was still with them.. luckily the new supplier is efficient! A final bill was supposed to take "up to 35 days" - well it's been a long wait!
  • Waryme
    Waryme Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Just to prove nothing has changed at Co-op Energy re farcical 'mess-ups'....

On April Fools Day 2016 I get the following letter:
    xxxxxBannedxxxxxbyMSEsystemsxxxxx.

According to this sites rules I am not allowed to show/upload a pic of the letter I got from Coop energy.... OK I get the message, & will shortly abandon this site too. I'm not a spammer, just a disgruntled Coop Energy customer trying to warn others.... (Mods. What is the point of an ability to upload pictures on this site via HTTP which you then bar because it is a link????) You looking like the Co-op here....

I changed supplier (To Ecotricity. Highly recommended by me) late last year, because of the shambles I was dealing with at Warwick. Yet, their systems & employees are just the same as when I jumped ship. Their systems still send me this sort of worrying BS..... (Which you cannot see because of MSE R&Rs) Threatening to affect/destroy my previously perfect credit rating.

I'm a 70yo pensioner & lifelong Co-op Member. No longer a Co-op member because Coop Energy has exhausted my goodwill for a 'Movement' I once believed in.

Clearly incompetent management, who are not easily contactable.... I bet they are on bonuses.... (MSE too?)

How sad?
  • Waryme
    Waryme Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I see no point in using a site that regards genuine photos as potential spam.....
    Consumer orientated?
    Doesn't look like it to me.
  • Former_MSE_Roxanne
    Options
    robby2k9 wrote: »
    I registered via CEC on March 4th & have heard absolutely nothing, emailed co-op customer services last week but no reply so far. I'm now stuck as I have no idea what's happening with my application. The helpline is a joke, I just gave up after being on hold for ages no less than 3 times, even when I rang as soon as lines opened.

Sorry to hear this robby2k9 - if Co-Operative Energy still hasn't updated you on on this since you'd applied to switch via CEC, you can get in touch with us and we'll chase this up for you.

You can contact us by emailing energyclub AT moneysavingexpert. com.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income