Interactive Investor to buy Alliance Trust Savings

Options

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Prepare for a splurge of ATS customers looking for the door.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    ATS may not have been the very best platform - but boy, just you wait till III get their incompetent hands on your money.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Be afraid......be very afraid?:)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4904374&page=104&highlight=interactive+investor

That said, relative who runs portfolios with II and HL reckons that II are now quicker with dividend payments than HL!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are a lot of concerns on the advice side as ATS had a lot of advised clients and II have no previous experience in dealing with advisers. Plus, their current configuration on their platform doesn't cater for advisers.

I understand that II use FNZ for the platform software for the backend but the front end is in-house IT. There are a lot of FNZ platforms now and whilst the backend is effective, the key is in the configuration and the the visual front end. From what I understand, II doesnt have a good front end and may have a lot of the configurable options turned off.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh, goody!

ATS has been a drag on Alliance Trust for years - that £40million should boost income.

Disclosure: I've been an Alliance Trust shareholder for over 20 years but I transferred out my ATS SIPP and ISA accounts a couple of years ago after the relentless rises in fees finally overcame my loyalty/inertia. The ATS flat-fee offering is good but only for those with large portfolios.
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have a SIPP with ATS and an ISA with II. I was considering moving my ISA to ATS!

The ATS web site offers investment options that aren't available with II.

I find the II fund search to be poor - I usually use ATS to find the fund I want and then put the details into the II web site.

The II help desk is poor. Too many times I've experienced the staff making up answers if they don't know the proper answer. I've alway found ATS to be very good.
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder what II will do about SIPP administration. Currently II use Barnett Waddingham for their SIPP operation and administration, while the ATS SIPP is in-house. Will II move to using ATS SIPP administration or will they get rid of that part of the ATS business?
  • Twoinky
    Twoinky Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2018 at 4:12PM
    Options
    I have a SIPP with ATS and large ISA with II, which I was considering transferring to ATS, as I have not been happy with the deterioration in II since their last major acquisition and re-vamping of their on-line platform. I fear that II's proposed acquisition of ATS will adversely affect their level of service yet further and am therefore considering transferring my ATS SIPP to X-O (Jarvis). However, I'm concerned that this could be a "frying pan to fire" situation. Can anyone offer re-assurance (or otherwise) on this?
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Options
    My understanding is that X-O do not offer funds. If you have no funds in your portfolio and want good service levels, then Hargreaves Lansdown shouldn't be too expensive. The majority of my portfolio is in funds and fixed price options are becoming fewer and fewer and so I will probably see if I can live with II service levels for my ATS SIPP.
  • Twoinky
    Twoinky Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2018 at 7:11PM
    Options
    Coyrls thanks for your quick response.

You are correct that X-O do not offer funds but Jarvis also offer the "ShareDeal Active" platform, on which you can trade funds at a marginally higher cost than X-O. (I agree that the Hargreaves Lansdown service is exceptionally good but the 0.45% platform fee is higher than I would like to pay for holding funds.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure