Outfoxthemarket

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    levineg10 wrote: »
    The feedback on www.trustpilot.com is very good too. This is why I decided to switch to them.

Oh dear.

I thought we had already established on this site that you cannot trust Trustpilot.

Good luck!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Oh dear.

I thought we had already established on this site that you cannot trust Trustpilot.

Good luck!

I think that it is pretty easy to spot when reviews are fake or trustworthy - particularly, when there is a common thread between reviews on TP, Facebook, Twitter, this site et al.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    im thinking of going with them - been with scottish power for years but their new deals are all really bad - i think electric is going up from about 12p to about 16p even on their best deal!
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Only down side is they don't accept people with "Pre-paid" meters.

Which is understandable since the rate being charged could be changing on a month to month basis.

Just need to switch out my pre-paid meter ASAP :(
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • boliston
    Options
    S0litaire wrote: »
    Only down side is they don't accept people with "Pre-paid" meters.

Which is understandable since the rate being charged could be changing on a month to month basis.

Just need to switch out my pre-paid meter ASAP :(

They don't seem to do economy 7 either - I'm not really a great fan of storage heaters and think I would avoid moving anywhere that had them - in an ideal world we would have electric powered central heating and not require gas as well
  • alexto
    alexto Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2018 at 2:45AM
    Options
    Just signed up with them. Email said I should be switched on Jan 22nd. I've been with SSE which got ridiculously expensive at 15.72p+VAT. I'll be a (very) high user starting soon so the closer I get to wholesale prices the better. 9.91p+VAT for high users like me sounds good. Time will tell. T&C's state no fees for leaving early and I'm ok with switching again in a heartbeat if things start going downhill. First:Utility and Bulb were my 2nd and 3rd choices.

The risk (which I consciously took) is if this company plans to inflate prices, or even slapping a ridiculous bill, blaming the wholesale energy market performance. At the moment my bet was that this will be the first of many companies to pass wholesale prices to end-users for a small fee, which hopefully will drive prices down and foster healthy competition.

I'd like to help bring that future closer so I'm giving these guys a chance.
  • boliston
    Options
    less than a week till switch day now (signed up a couple of weeks ago) - they have now sent me a login to view my account online - the web interface looks quite basic but hopefully it will work ok once the account goes live - at the moment i can just see a place to enter my opening electric read, but i'm hoping there will also be somewhere to enter my opening gas read
  • alexrw
    alexrw Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Just received an email from them saying the price will increase by a whopping 6.5% starting August.

That's the risk you take ...
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Are you on their variable tariff? If so, then you can switch with no penalty, so not much of a risk, really.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Since February 2018, wholesale energy costs have risen substantially with gas and electricity prices increasing by 22%. In light of this, we have made the unavoidable decision to raise the price you pay for your energy by 6.5%*.

What is happening?

For the average household on a dual fuel tariff, this will add £4.41 a month or £52.92 a year to your bill. These changes will come into effect on the 8th August 2018.

We are keeping this increase as low as we can for our customers and remain committed to providing wholesale priced energy, together with...

On first glance, I'm confused.

If I'm paying wholesale prices, why hasn't my cost per unit gone up as wholesale energy costs have since February? I thought I was paying the cost of the energy at cost to them plus a fixed fee which was Outfox the market's admin fee and profit.

This email suggests either there has always been an element more profit charged over cost price, or they're charging below cost?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure