New B&Q lied installation savings

Options
I have been looking for a new boiler to be installed in my flat for some months now. As I have been close to freezing over winter, while it keeps playing up and on the odd ocasion not even turning on.

I have found when looking round they are quite expensive, I just don't have the money to pay in full for a new boiler. I searched in Google to see if there was such a thing as pay monthly for a new boiler. And there is!
I found this tool that was really helpful https://www.plumbcare.com/boiler-finance/ it gave me a savings calculator to use and told me what I would save per month getting a new boiler.

It's a handy tool, that's why I thought I would share it with you all.
Hope it helps.

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You would be cheaper taking out a bank loan or possibly extending your mortgage
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apart from being a duplicate post, what has this got to do with B&Q lying?
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    Perhaps they been bought by a German company and he means their installations are now going for a song?
  • WentworthFox
    Options
    cajef wrote: »

Sorry for the duplication I saw my autocorrect had changed Boiler to B&Q so tried amending it.
    This post has nothing to do with B&Q
  • WentworthFox
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    You would be cheaper taking out a bank loan or possibly extending your mortgage

Would it? Hav you done it this way?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Would it? Hav you done it this way?

Fixed Interest Rate 9.9%

I hope you are not paying this amount for your mortgage! :eek:
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well look at some of the interest rates - Yes I did it a few years ago and extended my mortgage where the interest rate was a lot lower than a bank loan or credit agency.

All you have to do is get several quotations (preferably not from BG) to find out how much it's going to cost and then have a scan round the internet to see how cheaply you could borrow the money. You could probably borrow it all and not even have to pay a deposit. You might even get a better deal from the plumber as well as you aren't going to be borrowing from him.

I don't know your circumstances but it's worth having a look rather than jumping straight in with a credit agreement with a supplier
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • WentworthFox
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    Well look at some of the interest rates - Yes I did it a few years ago and extended my mortgage where the interest rate was a lot lower than a bank loan or credit agency.

All you have to do is get several quotations (preferably not from BG) to find out how much it's going to cost and then have a scan round the internet to see how cheaply you could borrow the money. You could probably borrow it all and not even have to pay a deposit. You might even get a better deal from the plumber as well as you aren't going to be borrowing from him.

I don't know your circumstances but it's worth having a look rather than jumping straight in with a credit agreement with a supplier

Thanks for this info, it's very helpful o will have a look and see what I can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure