Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    Whereas, they want me to return everything, in which case I would run out! So I haven’t bothered returning them yet.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Been out all day, just come Home & a survey invite when I logged in. Might be worth checking your accounts.
  • purkles
    purkles Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Breaking them up and using them in the bottom of large plant pots to improve drainage and save on compost.

Putting them as filler in any parcels I send where the box is a bit big fir what's inside.

Out of interest, why is posting on a Saturday any more days difficult than posting any other day of the week? I'm not seeing a problem.

My post office is only open until 12pm on a Saturday. I have other weekend commitments.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don't know how many people participate in the main surveys at any one time but it does seem to me that with more and more sub post offices in danger of closing it,s going to become increasingly difficult to find enough participants who will be able to access them easily to post the cubes.

It,s one thing being able to post a Jiffy bag into a post box but cubes can,t be handled in this way and if Royal Mail keep closing rural or suburban post offices participants will no longer be able to fulfil the demands of the survey through no fault of their own. This applies especially those who work and therefore have their movement times restricted.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    I don't know how many people participate in the main surveys at any one time but it does seem to me that with more and more sub post offices in danger of closing it,s going to become increasingly difficult to find enough participants who will be able to access them easily to post the cubes.

It,s one thing being able to post a Jiffy bag into a post box but cubes can,t be handled in this way and if Royal Mail keep closing rural or auburn post offices participants will no longer be able to fulfil the demands of the survey through no fault of their own, especially those who work and therefore have their movement times restricted.

Sigh.
    Remember when RM was privitised in 2013 and the Post Office is state owned?
    How do you see a private RM closing state owned Post Offices?
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »

It,s one thing being able to post a Jiffy bag into a post box but cubes can,t be handled in this way and if Royal Mail keep closing rural or suburban post offices participants will no longer be able to fulfil the demands of the survey through no fault of their own. This applies especially those who work and therefore have their movement times restricted.

Only a matter of time ....

pics-royal-mail-parcel-postbox-trial-2.jpg
    Posting parcels looks set to get easier from August as Royal Mail announces the launch of new parcel postboxes across the UK.

After a successful trial in 2018, Royal Mail will open 1,400 parcel postboxes over a six-month period, starting from August.

The postboxes will open in more than 30 towns and cities including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield as well as Chester, Warrington, Southampton, Norwich, Peterborough and Truro.

The change will enable individuals and small businesses to post parcels in the same way as they would post a letter.

Postage needs to be paid for in advance using Royal Mail’s online service. It will also be possible for consumers to post some bar-coded returns parcels without queuing up in a post office.

Mark Street, head of campaigns at Royal Mail, says: “The wide scale introduction of parcel postboxes is one of the many ways we at Royal Mail are looking to make the lives of our customers easier.

"The parcel postboxes trial last year was a success, and we hope that the wider roll-out gives added flexibility to online sellers who might be running a business in their spare time and not keeping regular office hours.”

The introduction of the parcel postboxes is the first major change to the UK’s postbox system in 160 years.

The first postboxes opened in Jersey in 1852 and were rolled out across the UK the following year by Anthony Trollope, novelist and senior GPO executive.

Here's the full list of where parcel boxes will be introduced:

*Aberdeen

* Belfast

* Birmingham

* Bournemouth

* Bristol

* Cardiff

* Carlisle

* Chelmsford

* Chester

* Croydon

* Edinburgh

* Exeter

* Glasgow

* Greenford

* Inverness

* Leeds

* London Central

* Manchester

* Newcastle

* Norwich

* Peterborough

* Poole

* Preston

* Plymouth

* Romford

* Sheffield

* Southamption

* Swansea

* Swindon

* Truro

* Warrington
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • TheOhGodOfHangovers
    Options
    Bit of a delayed response to joeyjimbles, but I also reuse the polystyrene inside cubes. Hopefully it helps to stop them squishing quite so easily and makes it seem like there is actually something inside (maybe) :undecided
    LBM 23/09/13 - DFD 08/10/17 :T
  • Venezia
    Venezia Posts: 796 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit of a delayed response to joeyjimbles, but I also reuse the polystyrene inside cubes. Hopefully it helps to stop them squishing quite so easily and makes it seem like there is actually something inside (maybe) :undecided

I usually say that it is a polystyrene model inside the parcel when asked.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Last week I received no post from the survey at all - not one piece - I got my posting pack for a couple of weeks time, but nothing else. Very odd.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    Same here, I didn’t get anything either. But I must be coming to the end of my stint (must have been on it about 5 months now) and I got floods of mail at the start, before it tailed off.

So I suspect that must be intentional, because if receiving something means that someone else has to send something (with the odd exception where it is sent centrally), that must mean that if some people are receiving more than they are sending, there must be others receiving less than they are sending. Which happened to be us last week, who received nothing.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport