PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 30th April 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jackie, Speky had to rearrange his date, so no news today.

DH has gone off to his new job at Thirsk and I have yo get moving to go down to DD's to Ziggysit until tomorrow. I can't sta longer because the car is booked in for a service and I have a hair appt. I might go back later in the week though.

I finally finished hand sewing the binding on the big quilt I've been making for DD. It looks lovely, even though I do say so myself.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Blimey its freezing the heating is back on Dolly and I had a quick walk as the wind and rain was biting .
    I need to take the hire car back and if they cant give me a lift i will get a cab as the bus stop near there is very exposed i know not money saving but its just too cold and wet to hang around today.
    I forgot to say when i brought mum home from wales on Saturday she told me to keep going to the end of the M4 as the M25 turn off would be there :o I actually listened to her and so we ended up having a lovely sightseeing tour through central London:eek: i told her to enjoy it as i wouldn't be doing it ever again . We used to go that way to my grandparents in wales before the M25 when i was a child so over 40 years ago she just sat there telling me she was frightened:huh:
    TA I hope you can get Mr TAs appointment moved forward
    Hugs to all those with worries
    Have a great day whatever you are up to
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning all,

A busy weekend which included working last night at one our annual dinners. Didn't get home till 1 am. Back up at 5.30am for the gym and I've got 2 x games of 7-a-side tonight too.

Not much to report really. Glorious day here in Glasgow and hope it continues.

TA - Sounds like it's a bit of a difficult time just now. I hope the reading today fills you with pride and smiles :)
    Jackie - Unfortunately, as snoozer pointed out, we had to re-schedule. I promise to give you all a full debrief afterwards. Thanks for asking though :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Especially TA, sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you just now.

It was supposed to be raining, but as yet its just windy. I have the bed lien in the washer, it it starts to rain before its finished it will go in the dryer, otherwise I will hang it out and keep an eye on the sky.

We still have our heating on, its brrrrr.............one thing I just cannot cope with is being cold.

OH is getting into holiday mode, I had to do a list yesterday of what we need to take with us. Shades of our caravanning and gite days when we used to have to take so much with us. The 3 page list is down to half a page. I was working out how much cash I need to take, not taking much, will use the debit card. Moved a bit of the money round yesterday. started a 12 month regular saver with the maximum monthly payment, must mark my diary so I know when to look to move the lump sum somewhere else.

The ground is too wet to do anything, the weeds are just growing like triffids, I really need to get the potted plants in, or put them back in the nursery bed at the side of the house.

Yesterdays shoulder of lamb was excellent, enough for supper tonight, microwave going off tomorrow, so need to sort out meals to cook either in the PKP, Remoska or small oven on the cooker.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,651 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry, meant to add thanks to Judi re heads up on Port Quin, big Doc Martin fans here so it’s been added to the list of must sees x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Sorry, meant to add thanks to Judi re heads up on Port Quin, big Doc Martin fans here so it’s been added to the list of must sees x
    Your very welcome. took us ages to find it as we thought it was set in Port Isaac but its not.

Morning all,

a hard day already for me. Diva is so poorly. She must be as she is not belting out her usual 'tunes' at full force, the most she can manage is a whimper. She fell asleep in my arms for ages and i put her in her cot. She's still asleep.

Prodigal has been, showered, fed and cleared off. He is ill, run down. Apparently he isnt eating much because hes paying off debts.

Grump has sent me a nice picture of his feet. Think he took it by accident.
    1e12dacd-a3fd-4d92-a0c7-6a9e9dad1bdc.jpg
    Judi I also chucked the photo album of my first husband at him, and he took it with him. I was lucky and found the complete album my mum and dad had bought when I and my brother were clearing out their house so I have got all of the photos of the family when we were much younger.
    Unfortunately i dont have many family photos. They would have been at my Mothers when my brother cleared her flat. I hope he still has them and treasures them as i would have.

TA Many hugs.

Onwards and forwards a bit... not much but a bit,

have a great day all.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    C’est tres froid en France mails have sold a few things - a second hand dealer turned up with a van :T & bought a few large items :T - cheeky beggar had agreed the price on a tractor lawn mower & then tried to get a discount after he had loaded it :p he got short shrift from my DSis:D:D:rotfl:

Holly, thanks for starting us off. Thank you also for the kind thoughts - the more stuff that is sold the less it is like a home :( but we do have some wonderful memories & also some sad ones as both DF & DM passed away within a year of each other over ten years ago :( but at least they are together in the local church’s graveyard.

Judi, I hope Diva gets better quickly & doesn’t give you whatever she has :o

JackieO, glad you finally have nice neighbours both sides - it makes life so much more pleasant & is less wearying or worrying :)

TA, I am so sorry about Mr TA - hopefully the neurologist visit will lead to some helpful actions. In the meantime you seem to be coping far better than I would. Please do not injure yourself lugging boxes about - as from what you say Mr TA is already concerned that he is unable to help you :o I was going to add a group hug smilie but there must be something warped about me as I think it looks a little obscene :o :rotfl: :o

Hugs & good wishes to all & for those of us who are freezing cold try to keep warm

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Well the weather has brightened up but there's still that cold wind. As yet no heating on today :j although our weather thingy is telling us that the outside temp is 25C. I don't think so...... Time for a new battery I believe :rotfl:.
    We put Mr Fix It's prescription in the surgery this morning then went on to the garden centre. We had coffees but no cake today :A. While there I had a chance meeting with an ex colleague who is also now retired and we had a quick catch up, but her DGD had other ideas and wanted to go ( she's just started walking and didn't want to stop :D ).
    This afternoon we have mowed all the lawns, I did the front ones and the side one and Mr Fix It did the back. I also put a load in the WM and hung it on the whirly, I'm trying to keep the washing down because we will be away for the weekend.
    The recycling bins have been put out too, in readiness for tomorrows collection.
    Tired Trophy thanks for the kidney recipes, I think I will stick with a steak and kidney pie.
    TA I'm so sorry that Mr TA is not well. I shall send him healing thoughts and both of you many hugs.
    Judi I hope Diva bounces back soon.
    Snoozer I hope your DH enjoys his new job.
    Hope everyone has enjoyed their day. Hugs to all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TA

Have you ever tried the protein drinks that can be prescribed? I used to mix the neutral ones with a little soup or in sauces for DH's portion to get some calories into him. DDs used to make puddings or cake for him to have with cream.

I have have finally managed to order the baby travel system that dd and sil have chosen. I still have a Which subscription after all the research that I did and that should be useful for other items as well. There are a couple of grocery deliveries due on Wednesday and Thursday which have some packs of nappies, wet wipes to store here and some low calorie meals to put in the freezer.

Someone is coming tomorrow morning to look at the window on the staircase and check it is safe as it might need to be toughened glass and I want things safe for everyone.

Hugs to all
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TA, my dad could hardly eat when he came out of hospital (after they nearly killed him, but that's another story). He had lots of rice puddings made with whole milk and cream etc. Anything I could I added butter or cream to and he had the high calorie drinks and also a drink which was only 30 ml but as high calorie as the full size drinks.

We managed to get 2000 calories a day into him and he eventually became strong enough to eat most things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure