Hotmail account opens automatically

Options
Whenever I start up my PC my Hotmail account appears automatically. I get a message in the 'Action Centre' box showing how many unopened e mails I have even though I have not signed into my Hotmail account. I have checked my setting but I cannot see anywhere where I can stop this happening.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Val :)

Comments

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 March 2017 at 9:58AM
    Options
    This is windows 10 ?

If so , open the mail application and click on the settings icon
    Choose notifications and turn off "Show notifications in the Action Centre"

You will still be able to get your emails from the mail app, but they wont automatically preview in the action centre pane

Andy
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I'm guessing Windows 10 too, and OP logs on to the PC using their Hotmail account as their profile. (i.e. they setup their Microsoft (Hotmail) account as the login when W10 was installed).
  • Rockman
    Rockman Posts: 620 Forumite
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    This is windows 10 ?

You will still be able to get your emails from the mail app, but they wont automatically preview in the action centre pane

Andy

Thanks for this, When I go into settings on my Hotmail account I get the followings options:
    Mail settings
    Refresh
    Automatic reply
    Display settings
    Manage Integrations
    Connected accounts
    Offline settings
    Change theme
    Options.

I have opened all of these and there does not appear to be a 'notifications' option and I cannot see anything about 'show notifications in Action Centre'.

Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks
  • Rockman
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    This is windows 10 ?

Andy

Sorry just found it now. I was looking in the wrong place. Think I am sorted now. Thanks very much for your help.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    OP logs on to the PC using their Hotmail account as their profile. (i.e. they setup their Microsoft (Hotmail) account as the login when W10 was installed).

I HATE that ,and I hate the way M$ shepherd users into setting it up like that by hiding the option for a local account under "skip this step" in tiny writing ..

Grrrr
  • Rockman
    Options
    Rockman wrote: »
    Sorry just found it now. I was looking in the wrong place. Think I am sorted now. Thanks very much for your help.

Sorry for coming back to this again. I went into settings and set the notifications not to be displayed in the Action Centre. However it appears to automatically default to the 'on' position as I am still getting notifications in the action centre. When I went into the notifications setting it is showing as the notifications in the action centre as being 'on' again.

How can I get this permanently turned off?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family