Claims management company (CMC) complaints - ask the ombudsman your question

Options

Comments

• Geriberi
    Options
    Hi
    First direct claim I did not have an account, mortgage and ppi with them, yet I was one of there first customers in 1989. What can I do as they seem to have lost my records.
    Geri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It doesn't sound as if they have lost them, but have treated them correctly in accordance with data protection.

Provide them with your own evidence of PPI payments.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Geriberi wrote: »
    Hi
    First direct claim I did not have an account, mortgage and ppi with them, yet I was one of there first customers in 1989. What can I do as they seem to have lost my records.
    Geri

They haven't lost your records. Data protection requires them to destroy records when they are no longer required. The FCA recommends 6 years after as a guide. Although firms can vary that if they feel they have justification. So, you usually find the destruction of records is staggered over a period.

First Direct never sold MPPI built into the mortgage. It was a standalone plan collected under its own direct debit and I am not sure they actually offered MPPI in the 80s.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Stesn96
    Options
    Hi
    Just want to know. I'm having trouble with RBS. I'm trying to claim my mis sold PPI on 2 accounts I've had with them, I've sent all the details that they need from my credit report but they keep sending me the same forms out to fill in so I decided to ring them to find out what exactly they needed. They wasn't much help just kept saying they need more information. I have sent it to the ombudsman but was just wondering if you new what they wanted.
    Thank you
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stesn96 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just want to know. I'm having trouble with RBS. I'm trying to claim my mis sold PPI on 2 accounts I've had with them, I've sent all the details that they need from my credit report but they keep sending me the same forms out to fill in so I decided to ring them to find out what exactly they needed. They wasn't much help just kept saying they need more information. I have sent it to the ombudsman but was just wondering if you new what they wanted.
    Thank you

Almost certainly the details on the form, such as why you felt it was miss-sold plus any evidence you have to support that
  • unclegee
    Options
    Hi. I have an IVA which is due to end november 2019 but would this affect me claimin PPI and credit card charges? If not is there a tool or even a company that would be able to investigate on what im owed on all of of these. Ie.. PPI credit card charges and bank charges?

Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Never use a company.

If you have a complaint, make it yourself. Redress will go to the IVA but at least you won't be further out of pocket.

Remember that you're not 'owed ' anything. You need to have complaint reasons.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    unclegee wrote: »
    Hi. I have an IVA which is due to end november 2019 but would this affect me claimin PPI and credit card charges? If not is there a tool or even a company that would be able to investigate on what im owed on all of of these. Ie.. PPI credit card charges and bank charges?

Thanks.

You should never use a CMC when you have arrears, defaults, amounts written off as part of a settlement, bankruptcy or IVA.

In those scenarios, the redress on an upheld complaint can go against the debt and you would not see the cash in your hands. However, the CMC can bill you against the full value of the redress even though you haven't seen it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Sammy7046
    Options
    CMC instructed re PPI in 2015 rejected by Halifax in October 2015 referred to FOS not received anything further from CMC Halifax contacted me in July 2018 said FOS agreed their original decision but asked to consider unfair relationship goodwill payment made can CMC claim payment
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Probably not if it's a Plevin payout.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure