Storage heaters wall attachment

Options
I had my flooring replaced yesterday and I’ve noticed one of my storage heaters appears to have a gap now between it and the wall that wasn’t there before. How do I go about securing it back to the wall to prevent it completely falling off one day?

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Depends on the model of storage heater (and what the flooring installers did to it).

Some designs you will have to remove the front cover / bricks / elements and screw through the back plate into the wall. Others have a bracket which screws to the wall, then the heater goes against the bracket and fixing screws go into the bracket at left and right sides.

Warnings.

Storage heaters are very heavy and must be fixed securely to the wall.

Storage heater bricks get very got and should be allowed to cool down for a day before being handled.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • ForestBluebells
    Options
    Argh this is so annoying. Ok I’ll turn it off for a day and try removing the cover and hope it doesn’t collapse on me 😫 can I get electrocuted or is it safe to remove the cover?
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    It should have a double-pole isolating switch on the wall next to the heater. If in doubt, turn off the main switch on the consumer unit.

Warning. If the storage heater is one with a convector heater function for boosting the output, it will have two separate supplies (24-hour, and off-peak) and both must be isolated.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • ForestBluebells
    Options
    Ok this is definitely beyond my ability so I’ve got an electrician coming to fix it next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure