Contribution based JSA

Options
HI

Another question please. If I am made redundant and therefore become unemployed will I automatically be eligible for contribution based JSA; Ie the only criteria is that I must had paid NI contributions (which I have); no limit on savings etc?

I know I will not be entitled to income based JSA as I have a partner who is employed.

I was unaware until today that there even was a contribution based JSA benefit - so thanks moneysaving !

Comments

• bunny999
    bunny999 Posts: 970 Forumite
    Options
    You have to have paid NI in the previous 2 tax years. There is no limit on savings.
  • Kaz101
    Kaz101 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Bunny 999. That's good news.
  • catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can only be paid contribution based for up to 6 months, after that it goes to income based which not everyone qualifies for.
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
  • LittleVoice
    Options
    Kaz101 wrote: »
    HI

Another question please. If I am made redundant and therefore become unemployed will I automatically be eligible for contribution based JSA; Ie the only criteria is that I must had paid NI contributions (which I have); no limit on savings etc?

I know I will not be entitled to income based JSA as I have a partner who is employed.

I was unaware until today that there even was a contribution based JSA benefit - so thanks moneysaving !

Think positively!

If your job is redundant you are likley to have a fair bit of notice and may well have another job to move to and therefore never be unemployed.
  • Cliddy
    Cliddy Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    Re. the 2 years contributions needed to qualify. They have to be achieved in employment, you can't "pay" for them. Is this true ? I am in the situation that I have been filling in doing work that didn't get NI payments. This has left me with a contributions gap. Not a problem for pension as I have the necessary 30 years, but can't get back into signing on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure