PPI claim company agreement to act.

Options
Hi all a couple of months back I completed an online uclaim4me query. In the meantime I discovered the which claim form. Uclaim4me have not sent me any details of any searches they have received regarding any PPI I have. Are they required to do this prior to making a claim so I can decide whether to let them act on my behalf.

Thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Depends what you signed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Uclaim4me have not sent me any details of any searches they have received regarding any PPI I have. Are they required to do this prior to making a claim so I can decide whether to let them act on my behalf.
    They aren't "required" to send you details of "free searches" and will not do so unless they actually find that you had PPI. If you filled in their forms several months ago and have yet to receive anything back from them, it's reasonable to assume they have yet to find any PPI.

By the way, they do not perform actual searches, they just ask all your old lenders if you had PPI. Since you can do this perfectly easily yourself, it's hardly surprising that they offer this "service" for no charge.

If you do decide to go it alone, I recommend you first get written confirmation that you have cancelled your business relationship with this Claim Company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure