Add your feedback on energy supplier RAM Energy

Options
MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 4:03PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
RAM Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 January 2018 at 9:19PM
    Options
    A Robin Hood Energy White Label Supplier.

‘Launched by Derby City Council, our mission is to provide more affordable energy to people living in Derby and the Midlands.’

Is this the first local Council run energy company that has entered into a supply agreement with an energy company run by another Council (Nottingham)?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Electricity West Mids area 19.98p standing and from 13.91p p/KwH. Gas 22.85p standing and from 3.5p p/kWh.

Cheap compared to standard tariffs but can still be beaten by a lot of the smaller companies.
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    A Robin Hood Energy White Label Supplier.

‘Launched by Derby City Council, our mission is to provide more affordable energy to people living in Derby and the Midlands.’

Is this the first local Council run energy company that has entered into a supply agreement with an energy company run by another Council (Nottingham)?

Leeds City Council- White Rose Energy

Liverpool - LECCY

Islington- Angelic Energy

Doncaster- Great Northern Energy?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Leeds City Council- White Rose Energy

Liverpool - LECCY

Islington- Angelic Energy

Doncaster- Great Northern Energy?

Leeds City Council = Robin Hood Energy

Great North Energy = Robin Hood Energy

Leccy = Robin Hood Energy

Angelic Energy = Robin Hood Energy

Robin Hood Energy is wholly owned by Nottingham City Council
  • trickytree1963
    Options

Great North Energy = Robin Hood Energy

Yes, and your question was:

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2018 at 3:40AM
    Options

c = Robin Hood Energy

Is there any advantage to signing up to Robin Hood directly rather than one of the white label operations or vice versa?

The only difference I can see atm is that the white labels tend to be geographically restricted..

Edit: though I see Robin Hood is listed as eligible for cashback on the Santander 123 account but not all (most?) of the others are
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Re: the cashback, the name of the company isn't so much as whether they fall into the right section of the payment table, as stated in the T&Cs here
    You can only earn cashback through Direct Debit payments to companies categorised in the Santander 1I2I3 Current Account Eligible Originators Classification listing © such as water, electricity, gas or communications suppliers or council tax issuing institutions. We’ve built this list by using the BACS OIN* Codes table. This table lists all companies, including major providers of these services, which issue Direct Debit payments in the UK. We’ve made every effort to make sure the classification and categorisation is accurate. Your cashback payments will be based on the categorisation that we’ve made and the details are in the Santander 1I2I3 Eligible Originators Classification Listing ©.

If you think any of your Direct Debit payments should be eligible, but aren’t on the list or you have a query related to an organisation or payment then please call us on 0800 9 123 123. If we confirm the category should be updated, we’ll do this and payments will be adjusted from that point onwards. We won’t be able to back-date the payments.

The White label companies above, if they're Robin Hood Energy in new packaging should, in theory, fall into the same part of the table as Robin Hood and if that's the case they should attract cashback on the 123 account. Again in theory.
  • mc_emily
    Options
    Note: I have no connection at all with RAM Energy or any of their employees, other than being a very satisfied customer.

I Love RAM Energy! I've been with them for almost a year now with no problems at all.

Pros
    1. The initial switch to them was extremely smooth
    2. They give you all the information you need
    3. Communication throughout the switch was great
    4. Contacting them is easy. You can even call them and speak to a real person!
    5. Their website is basic but functional and gives you all the information you need
    6. I found myself in credit and requested a refund and reduction in my monthly payment. The refund arrived in my bank in a few days and they applied an agreed reduction immediately.

Cons
    I can't think of a single one!

Overall a great company to deal with. 5 out of 5 without hesitation!! :j:j

Switch with confidence :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business