Kybotech Ltd

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 2 September 2014 at 9:55AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Just had to warn people of the company before anyone else bought from them. They are mentioned in quite a few messages/threads [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. No review-type website has anything good to say about them. You do of course get the odd individual who seems to have had a reasonable experience, but I hasten to add, they probably have been very lucky and/or not had dealings with the customer service (or lack of it) side of things.

They do not specifically go under the name Kybotech (BEWARE!), but these: http://www.kybotech.co.uk/ConsumerRetailBrands
I have had the misfortune to have dealt with them first hand. Once for an expensive 'Walton' shed (that I regret, both with the experience I had with getting hold of the correct parts and the build quality) and a set of garden furniture - which I subsequently cancelled due to excess charges they wanted for delivery (the shed I had was a lot larger - 12' x 10' and heavier, but no extra charge required there confused-smiley-013.gif)

Before I go, check these out:

I have now finally removed the 3 links today (22 June 2010), Kybotech will be glad to hear, for the reasons mentioned below. Make up your own mind, it comes down to manipulation of facts and feedback of some dodgy people.....

I have just checked these links today (24 May 08). BUYERS BEWARE!! It's amazing, through the time this thread has progressed, how many people have made comments about how fantastic (Joke!) Kybotech have become! - UTTER TOSH! It must be said that the majority have only ever posted one comment since joining that particular forum (which I find rather strange) and they are all dated from around the same time. I would hate to think it would have something to do with the fact that when Kybotech is 'Googled' this thread is third from the top of the first page. Quite interesting really. One last thing. Before this thread was created there was very little in the way of ' Kybotech Comments' in the above-mentioned sites - now there are lots and lots - mostly positive. I'll leave you to decide why.

Please read on............... dont forget to read ALL comments/posts

Comments

• Kybotech
    Kybotech Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post
    It is very true that over the mid section of 2007 Kybotech suffered at the hands of staffing issues, problems with IT issues which impacted on the level of customer service given.

A new management structure is now in place which has restored the level of customer service to that expected.

Our current customer satisfaction rating is 97% with average call waiting times on phones around 2.5 minutes and emails to product support answered on the same day. Our staff work very hard to achieve these levels. Unfortunately on these forums you only ever see bad reports as most people never write about the good service they have. You may also notice by the posting dates that most concerns were raised during the problem period.

All I can suggest if you have any concerns or questions do not hesitate in contacting us, the correct channels are:

Phone: 0871 230 0380
    or by email to: [EMAIL="productsupport@kybotech.co.uk"]productsupport@kybotech.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Thank you

Kybotech Customer Services
  • Kybotech
    First Post
    edited 27 July 2022 at 2:57PM
    Kybotech would like to comment as follws on the post by [Deleted User]:

Just had to warn people of the company before anyone else bought from them. They are mentioned in quite a few messages/threads, one of which can be found here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...light=kybotech . No review-type website has anything good to say about them.

Most of these types of forums are for people who have had a problem and wish to complain. It is very rare for anyone receiving good customer service to actually say so. This is not unusual to Kybotech. what people fail to realise is that Kybotech ship 1000's of products each week and currently have a customer satisfaction rating of 97%. For example, the following we genuine reports from customer yesterday ( 15th Jan 2008 )

ProductName
    rating
    review
    BillyOh Suncast Balcony/Patio Storage Box
    I'm delighted - such an easy, and friendly transaction. Great communication, very efficient delivery service. Superb product, so easy to assemble. Many thanks

Mad Dash Super Se 10ft Package Deal
    EXCELLENT Product. Very good quality. Helpful teams- sales - management and delivery. They did what they said they would.Would recomend this company *****

Outback Exclusive 3 Burner Hooded Barbecue
    Smart looking sturdy barbecue delivered in two days. Easy to assemble but the test will come with the cooking.

BillyOh Onyx 150CM Rectangular 6 Seater Set with Parasol
    great service & great furniture.

BillyOh Acorn 4 Seat Bistro Set
    I was happily surprised at the superb quality of the Billy-Oh products that I purchased.
    Excellent and great to use, I thoroughly recommend these suppliers to anyone thinking of a similar purchase.

Storemore Ferndale
    Quick delivery and good communications about when to expect delivery. The Ferndale 6'x4' shed actually measures for storage 5.5'x3.5' the only part that measures 6'x4' are where the roof over hangs. If its windy, dont try to erect this shed, it is very lightweight. Good quality panels, self tapping screws could be better as some just didnt tighten up - instructions are very clear and comprehensive with diagrams and close ups. Overall, its fit for purpose and my only disappointment is the loss of inches in storage otherwise this shed represents excellent value for money and i wouldnt hesitate in buying again or recommending the company to anyone. thanks MRS ( NAME REMOVED ) (a comment for the MALE delivery man, YES i did assemble the shed myself)

Outback Elite Silver Se 3 Burner Hooded
    arrived within 24 hours excellent barbecue for the price

BillyOh Lincoln Overlap Apex
    Ordering very easy, staff very pleasant and helpful.Shed easy to put up but a bit flimsy in places especially the cross beam on the door frame where my boyfriend put his size 12 boot and it snapped. Mended now and shed up.

BillyOh Bike Store
    brillant storage unit well worth the money. instructions are easy to follow but dont tell you excactly what screw is for what part. this is a very sturdy unit.

BillyOh Acorn 4 Seat Bistro Set
    Thanks for the opportunity to buy top class furniture at decent prices. Delivery was excellent both in speed and help offered when it was dropped of at the door. Thanks again John

BillyOh Value Storage Box
    Overall good quality product for price. I was a little disappointed that the box I received was slightly damaged - two of the "click in tabs" had broken off, however I was still able to put it all together and it has not affected the performance of the item.

BillyOh Onyx Round 4 Seater Set with Parasol
    Great looking furniture made really nice, excellent company to deal with

BillyOh Lincoln Overlap Apex
    Excellent product - arrived early, easy to assemble, good quality and looks really smart, Would definately recommend

BillyOh Lincoln Tongue and Groove Apex
    Ordered my shed online and approx four days later it arrived. Excellent communications and very satisfied with my BillyOh Lincoln Tongue and Groove Apex 8' x 6' shed, easy to assemble and the product was as described, my only slightly negative comment is that it would be better to provide a better fastening system for the doors. Many thanks

BillyOh Onyx 180CM Rectangular 6 Seater Set with Parasol
    brilliant

BillyOh Signature 6 Seater Set with Rectangular Table
    excellent fast service, extremely impressed with communication and speed of delivery. Would recommend to anyone.

BillyOh Suncast Balcony/Patio Storage Box
    Highly recommend. Excellent communication regarding anticipated delivery. Easily assembled, just as describrided. First rate product

BillyOh Canberra 8' All Steel Shed
    Very fast delivery, but quite fidely to put together! Instruction manual is for several diferent sheds and needs to be desiphered! Once you fathome out the manual, installation is quite easy, but a lot of screws and bolts. Lovely looking now installed!
    To prove ease of instalation, I have one leg in cast, frm knee to toes and managed it almost totally on my own!

BillyOh Suncast Ultra-large Storage Bench
    The Storage Box is fab, although the snap together design needed a little more welly than i could give it. I was told the delivery was between 7am - 7pm with a phone call 1/2 an hour before to give me time to be at home. As it turned out I was delighted when i had a call at 7am to say that it had already been delivered!!! I would definitely use garden buildings direct again

BillyOh Signature Overlap High
    We are very pleased with the excellent customer services and when our shed was delivered we extremely happy with the quality and construction, would certaily recommend your company to friends and family

BillyOh Deluxe Apex Double Door 8' Wide
    Perfect!!
    Very pleased.
    The delivery driver was very helpful and praised the company.
    Will definately recommend.
    Many thanks.

BillyOh Mega Store
    Excellent, easy to put up, very pleased with the driver he was very helpful and praised the company.
    Many thanks

BillyOh Collection 4 Burner Hooded Stainless Steel Barbecue with Side Burner
    Excellent product with very prompt delivery. Can't fault the service - Well Done!

No company will ever achieve 100% as faults and problems do and will continue to occur.

You do of course get the odd individual who seems to have had a reasonable experience, but I hasten to add, they probably have been very lucky and/or not had dealings with the customer service (or lack of it) side of things.

This is certainly not true and is an asumption on your part. As mentioned we have a 97% customer satisfaction rating. You are basing your asumptions purely on comments made in forums which is not a true representation.

They do not specifically go under the name Kybotech, but these: http://www.kybotech.co.uk/ConsumerRetailBrands

We do not hide thae fact that we have 10 sucessful retail sites in our company.

I have had the misfortune to have dealt with them first hand. Once for an expensive 'Walton' shed (that I regret, both with the experience I had with getting hold of the correct parts and the build quality)

Waltons sheds are in fact manufactured by Waltons Garden buildings who used to be one of our suppliers. We no longer sell Walton branded products but spares can be purchased directly from the manufacturer. I am sorry you had problems obtaining spares. If you were disappointed with the build quality of the product this should have been rejected at the time of delivery under the terms of the Distance Selling regulations.

and a set of garden furniture - which I subsequently cancelled due to excess charges they wanted for delivery (the shed I had was a lot larger - 12' x 10' and heavier, but no extra charge required there confused-smiley-013.gif)

Different carriers are used for wooden buildings and other types of product. Their charges vary according to which area the goods are to be delivered in. We, as a company, do not have any control over this and you was right to cancel your order if you did not wish to pay this charge.
  • Kybotech, you do know that MSE has a Heaven-sent board for people to post praise about companies too? It isn't unknown for this to happen.

"the following we genuine reports from customer yesterday"
    Hmm, I hope that there are some typos/missed words in there as it doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • Hi, it is good to know that there is board for praise and I would recommend anyone using this if they have had a good experience. It is alwasy easier though to vent anger than praise someone and I think this was also true before the invention of computers. ;)
  • Yes, that's true - regardless of the company, you're more likely to find people documenting their bad experiences than the good.

It's true when people say that a company will lose more customers from one person's bad experience than they can gain from someone with a good experience or any amount of advertising.

Also, the positive reviews you quoted are anonymous: are more detailed customer testimonials available on request? (This might be something Kybotech might want to consider doing, if they don't already, as many other companies provide a service like this to prospective customers.)
  • I have had the misfortune of dealing with Kybotech and I can with out a doubt say that their customer service is apalling if you have a problem. I must admit that 1 week after my purchase of a six seater rectangle outdoor table set I did write a positve review on their site. 1 month later after all the rain that we had had stopped we finally had some sunshine, we duly took the furniture out of the summer house and put it up to use. My mum sat down on one of the chairs with my 18mth old son in her arms. The chair leg snapped in half sending my mum and son crashing to the floor, on closer inspection it appeared that there was a weakness in the chair. I contacted Kybotech 3 times and heard nothing back. Imagine my surprise when just before christmas I was sent an e-mail with details of their sale. I e-mailed them back, basically saying what a cheek to contact me to try and sell me something but not to contact me when I have a complaint. I did hear back this time asking for more details and guess what........ yep you got it.......... I am still awaiting a reply. Funny that!!!!
    'we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing'

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Its good too that Kybotech have just realised (they have just updated some posts complaining about them ) the power of MSE.So hopefully there will be no more unresolved complaints .Comments about rude staff might need to be addressed if they continue.
  • Kybotech
    First Post
    Thank you for your reply Mothballs. The feedback given is not anonymosu to us, we have the order details and all contact details, we cannot display this information due to the data protection act otherwise we would have no problem in doing so.

Reply to Choccymouse. From what you have said I am asuming your non replies or problems with customer service were before October last year. Our problem during this time regarding un-answered emails and calls has well been documented and the reasons given. If you still have a problem email [EMAIL="productsupport@kybotech.co.uk"]productsupport@kybotech.co.uk[/EMAIL] quoting your order number and details of the problem and this will be dealt with.
  • Further to our last reply I notice that you replied to the 'sales' notification email, which email address did you use to send us a reply?. If it was the one that was on the sales notification this one is an auto responder and would not have been delivered to customer services. Just to clarify only the productsupport email address should be used. If you send an email to that address and also use your MSE username in that email I will post the relevant facts and the outcome on this forum for others to view.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are you saying some emails could get ignored-dont understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure