PIP appeal cover letter

Options
I’m trying to finalise and cover my PIP appeal. I’ve used the letter tool from AdviceNow to generate a cover letter so I don’t need to worry about layout etc.
It’s asked for examples of how I have difficulties in each of the main domains. Do I need to explain each domain again, or will the appeals panel have all the original application documentation?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 October 2019 at 6:58AM
    Options
    Rybeast wrote: »
    I’m trying to finalise and cover my PIP appeal. I’ve used the letter tool from AdviceNow to generate a cover letter so I don’t need to worry about layout etc.
    It’s asked for examples of how I have difficulties in each of the main domains. Do I need to explain each domain again, or will the appeals panel have all the original application documentation?
    DWP will send HMCTS everything and you'll receive a copy it in the "bundle"

However, if you haven't given any real life examples for each descriptor that applies to you then you need to do this, this can be done for your submission letter. This doesn't have to be done straight away, your main concern right now is to request the Tribunal, with a brief description of your reasons.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 October 2019 at 12:49PM
    Options
    Rybeast wrote: »

What do you mean by finalise?
    Completing the SSCS1 form; or
    Submitting your statement to the Tribunal Service to explain to the tribunal panel why you should qualify for PIP?
    Will you be attending your hearing (recommended)?

What do you mean by "domain"?
    Are you talking about the PIP activities and descriptors?
    Or do you mean your PIP2 form?

The appeals panel will have all the original application documentation, as you will in the DWP evidence bundle. They will have what you get.
    Have you received the DWP evidence bundle?
    Have you read the Advice Now guide to PIP appeals?
    Is any organisation helping you (again recommended)?

TBH I don't fully understand your question. Please restate in clearer terms exactly what info you are seeking.

When you have your appeal bundle, and when writing your statement, it is often helpful to refer back to your original PIP form using the page numbers in the bundle -
    e.g. something like "....... At page xxx in my PIP form I explained how I could not do this activity to an acceptable standard most days. A further example is........ and....... The decision maker has not taken this variability into account, but only considered my condition on the day of the assessment and how I coped with the MSE. .....The after effects of attempting this activity leave me...."
    Is this what you are asking about?

If it's the SSCS1 form you are asking about, then there is no need for a covering letter.
    As poppy states just complete it with brief details consistent with your PIP2 form, say "My difficulties include.....
    "Include", as there may be further potential PIP points when you have gone through the DWP evidence bundle which you may wish to include on your more detailed statement.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    What do you mean by finalise?
    Completing the SSCS1 form; or
    Submitting your statement to the Tribunal Service to explain to the tribunal panel why you should qualify for PIP?
    Look at previous threads from the OP i'm assuming they are requesting the Tribunal at this stage. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6049970
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure