Bike got stolen, tried to make a claim and had my policy voided . Appreciate advice

Options
13»

Comments

• Polioz
    Polioz Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2018 at 9:24PM
    Options
    stator wrote: »
    OP didn't say that at all.
    Thank you
    Polioz wrote: »

I was actually shocked at how much I had to pay and played around with quotes to see what the reason for this was , as my friends were getting much cheaper quotes . E.g 200 quid for a more powerful bike.

DESPITE THIS I answered everything truthfully and thus paid so much . So it is completely false to state I am victim to playing around with my quote to get the cheapest quote . I got actually one of the most expensive quotes I could , young driver , no NCB, city with high theft rates (it seems), no garage etc , you see what I am saying .
    Quentin wrote: »
    Yes he did!

Come on mate, you are selectively reading my entire thread now and basing your comments off of that. Read literally the next sentence after that. I played around with quotes to see why mine was so much, that doesn't mean I changed my information to cheat the quote. All the information I put was honest and made a mistake on the immobiliser.

I am going to put the next bit in caps so you read it as this is very important, me having an immobiliser on my quote DID NOT change the value of my quote. Your previous statements about me playing with quotes to get a cheaper policy is completely false . You already made up your mind about the situation and are showing some confirmation bias here.
  • Polioz
    Options
    oscarward wrote: »
    My opinion (and someone will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong I'm sure!) is that you should push the angle of Inadvertent Misleading and the fact of insurers would have still have accepted the risk if they had known, at no cost difference.

The FOS seem to side with the little guy in cases like that and on the face of it you have a real grievance.

Please let us know how you get on, nothing more frustrating when people come here for advice and never come back.

Thanks very much, that is the direction I will be taking this. I wasn't aware of FOS prior to this so despite some animosity this thread has been helpful. I will make sure to update the thread/make a new one with the results. Fingers crossed the little guy wins.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Polioz wrote: »
    Thank you

Come on mate, you are selectively reading my entire thread now and basing your comments off of that. Read literally the next sentence after that. I played around with quotes to see why mine was so much, that doesn't mean I changed my information to cheat the quote. All the information I put was honest and made a mistake on the immobiliser.

I am going to put the next bit in caps so you read it as this is very important, me having an immobiliser on my quote DID NOT change the value of my quote. Your previous statements about me playing with quotes to get a cheaper policy is completely false . You already made up your mind about the situation and are showing some confirmation bias here.

Mistake honest or not, makes not difference in the insurers eyes. they see it as intentional and cancelled your policy, the fact it didn't change your premiums is irrelevant.

You didn't buy the insurance from Larry down the pub and since he didn't lose money your off the hook kind of deal

You have a cancelled policy, make a complaint to see if they will take off the voided policy as that is your biggest worry than telling the whole world the insurers are evil.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Polioz
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    You have a cancelled policy, make a complaint to see if they will take off the voided policy as that is your biggest worry than telling the whole world the insurers are evil.

Thats the plan, lets see what happens.
  • Polioz
    Options
    An update if anyone is interested . I have put in a formal complaint and a 3rd party representative came to the conclusion that this was an obvious mistake and voiding my policy based off of that is unfair. Therefore my policy has been unvoided and my claim is proceeding as normal . Hooray for the little guy.
  • Weighty1
    Weighty1 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news!

I think many of the people posting here had had a bad nights sleep. In respect of you committing fraud:

fraud
    frɔːd/Submit
    noun
    wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
    "he was convicted of fraud"

Definitely NO fraud going on.

Glad it worked out and common sense won.
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Glad to hear it worked out for you

Result!
  • Polioz
    Options
    Thanks guys , really pleased with the result .
  • Korkyb
    Korkyb Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A fair outcome IMHO.
    Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure