Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    You seem to have been on here a while for a "newbie", Brookside88, not in any way meant to sound negative; your contributions are valuable but I think PA's customers prefer participants who are still wet from the yolk, if you know what I mean. As soon as you have done a couple of dozen studies, you stop smelling so fresh to researchers, imho.

Been doing prolific since May. Oh I didn't think you were being negative. I've heard that theory before. Hope it's not true although I do seem to get less than I did to begin with
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks, Brookside88; I am sure you know already but have you checked there are no outstanding eligibility questions? This time last year I had been on PA for almost a year so I can only think there is just too much competition for places, unless you are in some desirable, niche demographic, perhaps.
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, Brookside88; I am sure you know already but have you checked there are no outstanding eligibility questions? This time last year I had been on PA for almost a year so I can only think there is just too much competition for places, unless you are in some desirable, niche demographic, perhaps.

Yep all questions answered, I did get a 2.20 study just after I posted that which was nice
  • kambing01
    kambing01 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    It was almost exactly this time last year that studies fell off a cliff for me 14 July was my last decent day- and its been a desert ever since. However the new site does tell me that I have done over 600 studies so I guess they are aiming them more at the newbies.
    Mrs S - where on the new site does it tell you how many studies you've done? I've been on Prolific on and off since 2014, mostly off until a few months ago, and I'd love to know how many I've done (without having to click all the way back through my survey history!)
  • kambing01
    kambing01 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kambing01 wrote: »
    Mrs S - where on the new site does it tell you how many studies you've done? I've been on Prolific on and off since 2014, mostly off until a few months ago, and I'd love to know how many I've done (without having to click all the way back through my survey history!)
    Never mind, I've found it, blindingly obvious when I looked properly!
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    Options
    I've had 665 submissions approved :eek::eek:
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • mikep22
    Options
    You seem to have been on here a while for a "newbie", Brookside88, not in any way meant to sound negative; your contributions are valuable but I think PA's customers prefer participants who are still wet from the yolk, if you know what I mean. As soon as you have done a couple of dozen studies, you stop smelling so fresh to researchers, imho.

Is this a fancy way of saying they prefer people who have a reputation :rotfl:

I wish I wasnt so bad at English at times.

It has been a little quiet the last week, but had worse times, and it says something about other survey sites that prolific is still dwarfing them.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Is this a fancy way of saying they prefer people who have a reputation :rotfl:

I wish I wasnt so bad at English at times.

It has been a little quiet the last week, but had worse times, and it says something about other survey sites that prolific is still dwarfing them.

Yes, mike; the reputation of having been newly hatched and therefore off-the-chart naive. I am utterly stuck in the desert and doubt I will be cashing out without fees this side of September, if ever. :(
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Medication Adherence Research Study
    Available Places : 148/500
    Avg. Completion Time : 10mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £24.00/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £20.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 60mins
    Reward: £ 4.00
  • mikep22
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Medication Adherence Research Study
    Available Places : 148/500
    Avg. Completion Time : 10mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £24.00/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £20.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 60mins
    Reward: £ 4.00

Outrageous filth.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure