Advice needed about PPi

Options
I have recently received a letter off black horse telling me that although they sold me my finance for my new motorbike it was the motorbike shop that sold me the PPI and not them. I have a copy of my finance agreement with black horse and on the agreement it clearly states in a section for PPI how much I am paying in PPI for the term of the finance. The agreement is on Black horse letter headed paper and at no point does it mention that they are not the people selling me the PPI so where do I stand? I have spoken with the motorbike shop and they have said it was not them who sold me the PPI but black horse are still telling me it wasnt them but they agree the finance was through them! Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated l.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have recently received a letter off black horse telling me that although they sold me my finance for my new motorbike it was the motorbike shop that sold me the PPI and not them.

That makes sense. A lot of Black Horse was done that way.
    The agreement is on Black horse letter headed paper and at no point does it mention that they are not the people selling me the PPI so where do I stand?

Black Horse lent you the money and it was their PPI. However, they never sold it to you. So, they have no liability for a complaint made by you alleging missale.
    I have spoken with the motorbike shop and they have said it was not them who sold me the PPI

So, the motorbike shop are denying selling the finance package?
    I but black horse are still telling me it wasnt them but they agree the finance was through them!

You seem to have misunderstood the PPI issue. it isnt the product provider that you complain to. It is the seller of the PPI you complain to as you are making a complaint about how it was sold.

When was this sold to you?
    Dealers were not regulated until 14th January 2005. if it is before that date, then its game over. if its after that date, then the motorbike shop is liable for the complaint. If they reject, then you can go straight to the FOS.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Rourky01
    Options
    does that then not apply to every finance situation then?? I've had PPI back off black horse already from a Car I purchased in the exact same way as I did my motorbike so what's the difference? Both times I bought a vehicle on finance and both times it was the dealer who arranged the finance. I don't understand how they can pay for miss sold/commission not stated PPI for one vehicle but blame the dealer for another??
  • Rourky01
    Options
    I even have 5 other PPI claims going through black horse at the moment and after speaking with them they are all going through. All are for vehicles over the years and all purchased via a car/bike dealer
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Car dealers weren't regulated prior to 2005, and they can if they want to, dismiss your complaints.

These complaints that are 'going through'....have you complained directly to Black Horse regarding these and do they all deal with PPI sold by the dealership and were they sold before or after January 2005?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rourky01 wrote: »
    I even have 5 other PPI claims going through black horse at the moment and after speaking with them they are all going through. All are for vehicles over the years and all purchased via a car/bike dealer

So, expect most of these to be redirected back to the dealer. it is only when the dealer was a direct agent of black horse that black horse have liability (most weren't but it did exist)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure