PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Mortgage Brokers

Options
2»

Comments

• RiversTam
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    You used a broker and had to actually go to them? :eek:

Yes, only because my husband likes to meet people in the flesh and give them his documents is person - I had the MIP and everything else done via email with the odd phone call. Much easier and quicker!
    You can do it all via email if you aren't married to a dinosaur 😂
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RiversTam wrote: »
    Yes, only because my husband likes to meet people in the flesh and give them his documents is person - I had the MIP and everything else done via email with the odd phone call. Much easier and quicker!
    You can do it all via email if you aren't married to a dinosaur 😂
    We meet with our clients at a time and location convenient to them.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Call up a one or 2 and see how you get on with them.
    I often get calls from people whos first sentence is along the lines of "I do not have a clue how this works, but I am looking for a Mortgage..."

IT tends to just go from there.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • RiversTam
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    We meet with our clients at a time and location convenient to them.

They have an office local to us - I would never have someone at my home, it means cleaning up 🙈
    We have also hired a local recommended solicitor so we can take our documents in personally - read "we" as "husband" 😂

ACG wrote: »
    Call up a one or 2 and see how you get on with them.
    I often get calls from people whos first sentence is along the lines of "I do not have a clue how this works, but I am looking for a Mortgage..."

IT tends to just go from there.

This is what I love about a broker - you don't have that extra stress, because house buying and selling is stressful enough!
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    McDonalds ten minutes from home... Costa five minutes from work...

Like I said, time and place convenient to you...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Options
    I just remortgaged through a broker to NatWest. On the Nat West website their two year fixes are 1.8% (£995 fee) or 2.59% (no fees). My broker (cost £250) got me a two year (actually 26 months to Nov 2019) fixed at 1.1% with no fees.

Definitely worth talking to the brokers.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
  • RiversTam
    Options
    Hadn't even thought of that kingstreet.
    Funny enough the office is opposite the local costa ��

Will keep that in mind when we go back to remortgage!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure