IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo Parking - Railway Car Park - Appeal Rejected

Options
2»

Comments

• fuziduck
    fuziduck Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All,

Should I continue responding to Indigo even though I've had further advice from ZZPS advising they are going to pass this to QDR?

It appears my letters to Indigo have no effect on ZZPS and QDR as they just continue progressing the account regardless.

The latest letter says the following:
    We wrote to you previously about this Charge, and according to us, the Charge remains unpaid.

The Charge is an offer for you to make payment of an alternative charge under Railway Byelaws. If the charge is not paid, then our Client is entitled to commence a private criminal prosecution against you for your breach of Railway Byelaw 14. This could result in you being fined up to £1,000 (level 3 on the standard scale, set out in section 37 of the criminal Justice Act 1982).

By breaching Railway Byelaw 14, you have committed an offence. The Charge has been issued under section 219 of the Transport Act 2000 as amended under the Railways Act 2005.

Our next course of action is to pass this account to the law firm QDR Solicitors Limited. We would prefer to get to the bottom of this with you, without the need to use lawyers. However, we are duty bound to advise you that if this does get passed to solicitors, the balance owing may well increase.

The criminal prosecution process is not simple; if you need legal or debt advice, places where this can be sought are detailed on the reverse of this letter.

If is in your interests to either get in touch or pay this Charge and we again invite you to do so.

Your sincerely
    Customer Services
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    our Client is entitled to commence a private criminal prosecution against you for your breach of Railway Byelaw 14. This could result in you being fined up to £1,000 (level 3 on the standard scale, set out in section 37 of the criminal Justice Act 1982).
    If their client is Indigo, then no they are not so entitled. This is an utter misrepresentation of the law and of your position vis a vis Indigo.
    By breaching Railway Byelaw 14, you have committed an offence.
    Where is their proof? Only a Judge can tell you that you have committed an offence.

This must be reported to the BPA and the DVLA - a major complaint. ZZPS are BPA members, as are Indigo. Indigo are jointly and severally responsible for the actions of their agents.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

ccrt@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fuziduck wrote: »
    Hi All,

It appears my letters to Indigo have no effect on ZZPS and QDR as they just continue progressing the account regardless.

they are not expected to have an effect on thePPC & debt collectors etc

they are a dlaying tactic to get it past the 6 month deadline

until then , NOTHING you can say , type or do will have any effect on this landslide , its all about delaying it until the threat of MAGS COURT has expired (6 months)

if you think its going to have any effect you are not up to speed on this sc@m at all , of course they are going to carry on regardless, its a well worn sc@m and they are just going through the motions, they are fully aware of what they are doing and why
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    'Processing the account' - LOL - sending letters then - so what?

You know from other recent Indigo railway threads we hope you have searched for and read avidly, that Indigo only have a contract to issue pre-action letters re railways.

PRE-action letters are nothing, then it gets timed out, same as ALL other threads. We do not need to discuss this every week every time someone gets one exactly the same as all the other Indigo railway PCNs, as it clutters up the forum and needs no new advice.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure