PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Section 21 and CCJ due to fees - help please

Options

Comments

• biggysmaller
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    But you didn't pay £20 a month did you?

Erm, yes I did. Then the fee was listed on a DRO. No default. Get it?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Erm, yes I did. Then the fee was listed on a DRO. No default. Get it?
    Are you actually serious?

Do you think when you get a DRO a magic fairy comes and pays your debts?

They're written off, that does not mean paid.
  • sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What? The agreement was to pay £20 per month until the sum of £355 was paid - this was sanctioned by the Judge and Claimant. There was no Order to pay the sum of £355 within 28 days!
    I assume that since you were unable to pay the £355 within the 28 day period. it resulted in a CCJ to repay £20 per month until you clear the debt. You just didn't realise it at the time.
  • biggysmaller
    Options
    Are you actually serious?

Do you think when you get a DRO a magic fairy comes and pays your debts?

They're written off, that does not mean paid.

There's always one on this board who prefers to argue than answer the question.
  • biggysmaller
    biggysmaller Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 6 August 2018 at 4:35PM
    Options
    sal_III wrote: »
    I assume that since you were unable to pay the £355 within the 28 day period. it resulted in a CCJ to repay £20 per month until you clear the debt. You just didn't realise it at the time.

Thank you. Someone with some actual useful advice at last. It's like Mumsnet on here at times!.
    I had assumed that because all parties agreed to the installment judgment that this would avoid a CCJ.
  • Comms69
    Options
    There's always one on this board who prefers to argue than answer the question.

?? Im not arguing.

I'm telling you, you didn't pay £355 to your landlord. It's as simple as that.

Now you're complaining about the CCJ.
  • biggysmaller
    Options
    ?? Im not arguing.

You were an argumentative type with your reference to fairies etc. That stuff is not okay with these boards. People looking for genuine financial advice could do without the sarcy remarks.
  • Comms69
    Options
    You were an argumentative type with your reference to fairies etc. That stuff is not okay with these boards. People looking for genuine financial advice could do without the sarcy remarks.
    Feel free to report it.

You wont give a straight answer to the question.

So one last time: Did you pay the landlord £355?
  • biggysmaller
    Options
    So to rephrase my question in light of some of the answers:

Will a CCJ still appear on my history if there was no default on an Instalment Judgement Order?
  • biggysmaller
    Options
    ?? Im not arguing.

Feel free to report it.

You wont give a straight answer to the question.

So one last time: Did you pay the landlord £355?

There was no default on the Instalment Order. As I said it was listed on a DRO. I could not pay it at that point even if I wanted to as it was listed on a DRO. Your question makes no sense - you will now tell me that I deserved a CCJ because I had not paid it off, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure