Car insurance fraud marker

Options
2»

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I’m considering changing providers since I was advised a marker was placed by another provider after I forgot to add a non fault claim last year.
    Another provider has since advised over tel recently that if I add the non fault claim to quote then it won’t be cancelled.
    If you mean you had a policy cancelled because of this non disclosure and another insurance company rep has told you no need to disclose the cancellation, then get them to confirm this in writing before buying - and repeat this every year.

Cancellations are recorded on a shared database
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If you mean you had a policy cancelled because of this non disclosure and another insurance company rep has told you no need to disclose the cancellation, then get them to confirm this in writing before buying - and repeat this every year.

The rep advised a marker was placed on my then insurers account.
    I wasn’t advised to disclose it and I did mange to change provider last year and hopefully again this year.
    Excellent advice Quentin, though I haven’t got the info in writing.
    I did get verbal confirmation a few weeks earlie via tel from csr and t/l
    And again today via e-chat-looks like e-chat have a pre reply template-‘If you add the. Non fault claim to your quote then your policy wont be cancelled’
    Though I’ll allow 10 days for new policy to commence and to receive paper docs for my reduced road tax from Feb/March
    I haven’t yet cancelled existing policy in case this new policy doesn’t start as planned.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

And the records are deleted on a rolling basis after five years.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    tenchy wrote: »
    And the records are deleted on a rolling basis after five years.

Problem is that the insurer's normally ask you to confirm that you (and anyone else to be covered have "ever" had a policy cancellation/, voided etc
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Problem is that the insurer's normally ask you to confirm that you (and anyone else to be covered have "ever" had a policy cancellation/, voided etc

Yes, mad isn't it. I'm 98 years old and when I was 18 I had insurance cancelled because I forgot to tell them that my 'horse' on the horse and cart was actually a donkey.
  • Dandytf
    edited 21 January 2018 at 8:38PM
    Options

Which is why I called and used e-chat recently.
    When my marker was placed the csr had advised the marker is seen by some named insurers including Allianz being one, cannot remember the others though they were well known.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    edited 21 January 2018 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Hopefully final comment for this thread from me
    Received new insurance paperwork today including ceritficate which started 1 min past midnight 19th Jan.
    Only requested paper docs which I’ll need for reduced road tax.
    Hopefully I won’t get a cancel letter next week though I’ll accept new providers telephone and chat info.
    Nice simple online site and docs- negligible cost increase from previous insurers though more expensive deposit.
    Nice to know I’m not condemned to select 1 or 2 insurance companies though maybe I am time will tell 1 year at a time.
    Interesting there’s been quite a few threads from other mser’s who have had their insurance cancelled.
    Maybe there is a formal complaint procedure as I know my instance of error was genuine as I only forgot to notify previous insures of a solo accident which I paid for the small repairs myself as I continued to drive the car.
    Not to worry at least I have 2 company’s which I won’t be applying for in future and 2 which I know I can consider.

Thanks mser’s another what I thought was going to be a difficult start to 2018 -going much better than anticipated!
    Mot pass
    new car insurance company
  • Dandytf
    Options
    1 additional car insurance question.
    Is it my responsibility to cancel previous policy DD which would have been due 28th Jan.
    I have written and online details confirming my policy has been cancelled for a due days and 2 yrs n.c.d.
    Is it worth cancelling DD today as I could potentially save a +70 being debited in a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure