PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 12th December 2018

Options

Comments

• silver-oldie
    Options
    good morning all

Congratulations Weemidgie.

Gentle hugs to all those who need / want them

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everybody,

Happy humpday.

Yesterday I left work sharpish and went to the gym which was good. It's really busy then in comparison the mornings, which I don't like, but I do enjoy not really having a time limit on when I need to be done by. Soon left and got home to attempt some Moroccan lamb dish, which actually was quite nice. I've got LO for tonight too. Phoned my mum and gran for a bit too so by the time I'd done that and eaten my dinner it was 9.

No gym this morning again. I'm just struggling to get up in the mornings since I moved down here. I think I know why though. I don't really know how to work my central heating so when I wake up, its freezing outside of the covers and I just want to curl up. Need to have a look at that tonight.

Anyway, I've brought my gym stuff with me and I might go to the gym after work again.

tru & TA - enjoy your trips!
    S-O - Good to see you posting. Hope you're doing ok
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Bella and hugs to all those in need.

It's a big day for me today, I get an entire 30 minutes to myself and maybe more. CHS is going to his works Christmas lunch on his own. This is the first time we have been apart since his stroke a couple of months ago.

Have a good day everyone
    hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Enjoy the freedom Hester.

Yesterday's blood results were a welcome change because the levels had actually gone down slightly instead of climbing rapidly. He's been feeling a lot better as well so I hope that continues through Christmas.

We're off to Cambridge this morning, I desperately need a couple of new bras so it's off to the bravissimo shop for me. Other than that I need to find a gift for sis-in-law and a small unwrapping gift for Brian and Laura.
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all from Mehefinland

Dull and dank here at mo. Next door flagged me down and said I could out stuff in her ski as its going soon. Massive clearout on the cards for all the rubbish waiting for the tip run, That will save some money in fuel and my car suspension ( the tip is awful to get to).

Hi to Nnan. Thanks for the greeting. Am still here just quiet;) Lainey hope you get better quickly and keep Lu in work. Difficult this time of year I know.
    Mrs M is trying to persuade me to get another driving pony. We know of a gelding which is coming out of a professional yard but he's 16 and 13hh and I wonder if he's for us. They want him to go to a competitive home - its a long time since I did competition driving( although it is great fun providing you don't crash:eek:)
    Will have to think about it.

Police helicopter woke us up at silly o clock going out in a rush ( we live close to their base) . Just dropped off and the bally thing came back in again. Usually don't notice them. We have the SAR here too and they are NOISY:eek: There again if I wanted rescuing I don't suppose I would care too much about the noise:j

That's it.
    Hugs and Spoons as usual to those in need
    Mehefin
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :)

Bella Is it worth taking some OTC remedy like Nytol to remind your body of a normal sleep pattern? You must be shattered.

No real plans for today so I will be indulging in some cooking. I am going to do a couple of recipes from my favourite Sunday Brunch. Moroccan chicken with apricots and Harissa carrots. Might do some biccys too.

Wash on and I need to continue my quest to sort out clothes and fill another bag that was popped through this morning.

have a good day all
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Morning :)

Bella Is it worth taking some OTC remedy like Nytol to remind your body of a normal sleep pattern? You must be shattered.

I did take a diazepam that I had left over that they gave me when my back was in spasm but i still woke up I will try again tonight I was fine before and on holibobs so i really don't know what it is i feel refreshed when i wake up and i fall asleep easily enough all very odd x
    Slava Ukraini
  • Morning, ((((((((((huugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Another night drinking tea at 2am, getting a bit fed up now, we are sleeping longer so later getting up which is a pain.

I am about to try out a design on the machine, for some reason I am feeling nervous......no idea why, I used to embroider regularly a few years ago.

Fine, but Brrrrr this morning OH is moaning because his min/max thermometer seems to have given up the ghost. It does not seem to matter how much he pays for one it goes belly up after a time. He has not has this one very long, since about August I think.

Baked cod for supper tonight, with mash carrots and peas. I may pass on dessert.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon - back home.

My students were stars, the ragged nerves are all about lack of confidence in public speaking and the fact that they were being recorded. Now they are all breathing again.

When I got home the woodburner was just still glowing so I managed to get it going again and the house was cosy. My lunch was LO soup and burnt sausages from the other day. I don't intend to do too much more today apart from pack ready to go down the road tomorrow. My Thursday student was sent home ill on Tuesday and not come in today so I'll risk having to VC in from DM's place tomorrow.

It's pouring outside and there's very low and heavy cloud shrouding almost everything from view. Definitely a day to sit by the fire and read.

I hope that everyone is doing well or getting better.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all:)
    Am feeling bleurgh at the mo.Have got swollen glands n have lost my voice :(
    Had a massive scare on Monday.DM 74 was in quite a bad crash.She was at traffic lights and a bloke shunted her from behind, into a lorry.She's thankfully ok, apart from being shaken up, but the cars a complete right off:(
    Nothing OS to report, as I'm not up to doing much today.
    Have a fab day TA x
    Huggles to all the poorlies n peed offs today :A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business