Flight and Hotel website that lets you pick the economy class

Options
I usually always go with ebookers but unfortunately they now automatically stick you on the cheapest economy with no checked bags. Didn't know about this until recently when I went on a trip and was asked to pay for checked luggage.

For example I would like to travel with British Airways Economy Standard and not economy basic.
Prefer to use the online travel companies because they often lead to quite a saving.

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try Netflights, their starting point is the mid range economy fares that allow one checked bag on transatlantic flights but as others will point out sometimes you can get as good a deal direct with the airlines, especially in the sale that will be starting in 2 weeks time
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Options
    Online travel companies simply do not offer a decent enough reduction over booking direct to justify the additional risks and hassles that booking through a dodgy agent will incur.

In your example of BA, you're far better off booking direct and claiming back double the difference in flight vouchers using the BA price promise.
  • koalakoala
    Options
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    Try Netflights, their starting point is the mid range economy fares that allow one checked bag on transatlantic flights but as others will point out sometimes you can get as good a deal direct with the airlines, especially in the sale that will be starting in 2 weeks time

Netflights sold us flights in August , including one bag.
    When we got to the airport we had to pay.
    On phoning Netflights on our return the manager agreed we had bag allowance, but to date we have not had our money refunded and they are now ignoring us.
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can get some decent deals on BA holidays.
  • spursman
    spursman Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    I always use an online travel agent for best flight results then book direct with the airline eg flights to San Jose were £24 cheaper going direct to Lufthansa/United £24 isn't a lot but this is called moneysavingexpert
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Options
    spursman wrote: »
    I always use an online travel agent for best flight results then book direct with the airline eg flights to San Jose were £24 cheaper going direct to Lufthansa/United £24 isn't a lot but this is called moneysavingexpert

£24 which means that you can speak to the airline if you have a problem or if your flight is rescheduled or cancelled, rather than having to go via a call centre of a 3rd party.

I'd have to be saving closer to 3 figures to even consider not booking direct!
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I use ebookers & they've never charged me for luggage, although I suppose it depends who you fly with.
  • bradders1983
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    I use ebookers & they've never charged me for luggage, although I suppose it depends who you fly with.

Well they will have - within the price you paid :p
  • AlexMac
    AlexMac Posts: 2,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 December 2018 at 5:40PM
    Options
    I agree dicky;
    You can get some decent deals on BA holidays.
    or go to the BA booking page, https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/holidays
    or "hotel & flight" from the booking page; some baggage is automatically included and you can upgrade to more bags
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure