IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ES Parking Enforcement/Gladstones

Options
124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    we have also received a letter from Gladstone's asking us to provide ID to prove an amendment to the defendant's surname. The defendant has changed their surname in recent months so when we submitted the defence to the court we mentioned the correct name in the acknowledgement and defence.

Gladstone's have obviously received the defence now and have asked us for ID to prove the new name, and for it to be sent to them by email. Are we under any obligation to provide this Gladstone's?
    Hmmm...part of me thinks you should, in the interests of openness.

Part of me thinks sod 'em. Why should they have that ID?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edwj2001
    Options
    Hi,
    Just thought I would post an update to this for anyone having a similar experience. The first of the 5 cases had its hearing a couple of weeks ago via video conference. Gladstone's failed to show, so the judge simply dismissed the claim and didn't hear any of the evidence. Found it a bit odd that Gladstone's didn't show after presumably paying a fee and having filed the court bundle just a few days earlier. Not sure if they thought they were going to lose or just simply incompetent. Hopefully the other 4 cases go a similar way. 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    1. Gladstones never show
    2. The PPC hardly ever show
    3. At best, a self-employed advocate is instructed, but at around £150 a pop, maybe they thought it wasn't worth that amount to have him/her sitting in front of a laptop.

I've not read back over the whole thread, but are the other 4 cases for the same location, same PPC, same/similar 'contraventions'?  Then, if so, check out the legal terms 'res judicata' and 'cause of action estoppel'. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 November 2020 at 3:22PM
    Options
    I've not read back over the whole thread, but are the other 4 cases for the same location, same PPC, same/similar 'contraventions'?  Then, if so, check out the legal terms 'res judicata' and 'cause of action estoppel'. 
    I agree.  If the other claims are about the same facts/car park signs and same Defendant, then adapt the letter @Minotaur4 sent to BW Legal which made Napier cancel the subsequent PCN and run away, because they didn't like the idea of a £900 counterclaim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    then adapt the letter @Minotaursent to BW Legal 
    It's @Minotaur4
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure