Mobile phone contract through limited company

Options
I'm a complete numpty. I know I am. For some unknown reason I took a cold call form a mobile company last night. They offered a very good deal, changing my numbers over to my company, which I took. Normally I wouldn't dream of doing anything without prior research, I can only put it down to the cold meds I'd taken, which made me really fuzzy headed.

I'd had no confirmation email today, which I was looking out for as they said I'd receive one. So looked into the company. They're awful. Just....awful. In so many ways. Decided to cancel.

Of course, they're only open from Monday to Friday, 9-5, so couldn't get hold of a person. Rang my current provider to cancel the PAC code and account transfer. Done. They mentioned THEY had received an email from this company, stating the details of what I'd set up with them, and that there was no cooling down period.

Thought I'd be OK after looking on CA website. Emailed the company, stating that I wanted to cancel, citing my legal requirement tor a cooling off period.

Except, its not. Not for Limited Companies. Its only me, so not a massive company. I really wish I'd stayed a sole trader.

Looking at their website, they say that if a contract isn't taken to full, they can charge a £500 consultation fee, plus a fee of £250 per line. Also, £30 for each PAC code, £15 for each cancelled direct debit, and a £6 fee for each payment that doesn't reach them by direct debit.

It was two numbers, so I'm looking at a MINIMUM of £1030. Which is what I'd pay myself over two months. I could just about do that, but it would wipe out my savings that I've scraped together.

Please, someone tell me what to do. I'm going into a tailspin. I'm so angry at myself, literally feel sick to my stomach.

Comments

• sliphi
    sliphi Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Legawein wrote: »
    I'm a complete numpty. I know I am. For some unknown reason I took a cold call form a mobile company last night. They offered a very good deal, changing my numbers over to my company, which I took. Normally I wouldn't dream of doing anything without prior research, I can only put it down to the cold meds I'd taken, which made me really fuzzy headed.

I'd had no confirmation email today, which I was looking out for as they said I'd receive one. So looked into the company. They're awful. Just....awful. In so many ways. Decided to cancel.

Of course, they're only open from Monday to Friday, 9-5, so couldn't get hold of a person. Rang my current provider to cancel the PAC code and account transfer. Done. They mentioned THEY had received an email from this company, stating the details of what I'd set up with them, and that there was no cooling down period.

Thought I'd be OK after looking on CA website. Emailed the company, stating that I wanted to cancel, citing my legal requirement tor a cooling off period.

Except, its not. Not for Limited Companies. Its only me, so not a massive company. I really wish I'd stayed a sole trader.

Looking at their website, they say that if a contract isn't taken to full, they can charge a £500 consultation fee, plus a fee of £250 per line. Also, £30 for each PAC code, £15 for each cancelled direct debit, and a £6 fee for each payment that doesn't reach them by direct debit.

It was two numbers, so I'm looking at a MINIMUM of £1030. Which is what I'd pay myself over two months. I could just about do that, but it would wipe out my savings that I've scraped together.

Please, someone tell me what to do. I'm going into a tailspin. I'm so angry at myself, literally feel sick to my stomach.

You say they offered you a good deal.
    Presumably all they do is bill you, whilst the service is still from one of the big mobile operators.
    So go for it, and see how it pans out :)

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
    e.g. is there any good mobile supplier according to what you can find on the internet???
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well is it a good deal or not? Bottom line is if you don't get the deal you paid for then they would be in breach of contract. If they do then you get the good deal you signed up for.

Due diligence should always be carried before you enter a contract not after.
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Remember having a phone contract via your LTD company it is an allowable expense - so this will reduce your corp tax a bit ...

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • sarahgd
    sarahgd Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Did you pay on the phone and how long ago? the distant selling act means you're legally bound to a refund?
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sarahgd wrote: »
    Did you pay on the phone and how long ago? the distant selling act means you're legally bound to a refund?

This is b2b transaction - so don't think consumer laws are relevant here.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    isplumm wrote: »
    This is b2b transaction - so [STRIKE]don't think[/STRIKE] consumer laws are IRRrelevant here.
    corrected for you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport