False Return Address - What Now?

Options
I bought an item off ebay and it was a fake. I opened a SNAD return and the seller (obviously) ignored my request. Ebay found in my favour and provided a return label with tracking for me to use.

The item has been RTS (me) as the address doesn't exist.

Where do I stand wrt getting a refund?

Comments

• Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have heard of something similar to this happening before and they got their money back because ebay could see that the RM did try and deliver the item. Does the tracking show it was RTS?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just phone eBay, tell them what you have written here and ask that you get your refund regardless. There shouldn't be a problem.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • martinbuckley
    Options
    I got an e-mail from Ebay last night informing me that I would be refunded in full in 48hrs as their records showed it had been delivered(!)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got an e-mail from Ebay last night informing me that I would be refunded in full in 48hrs as their records showed it had been delivered(!)

Good, that's exactly what should happen. Some sellers think they are being clever by misdirecting returns or refusing to accept delivery - but actually end up losing out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure