Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 13th Nov 19, 7:06 PM
    • 1,136Posts
    • 879Thanks
    martinbuckley
    False Return Address - What Now?
    • 13th Nov 19, 7:06 PM
    False Return Address - What Now? 13th Nov 19 at 7:06 PM
    I bought an item off ebay and it was a fake. I opened a SNAD return and the seller (obviously) ignored my request. Ebay found in my favour and provided a return label with tracking for me to use.

The item has been RTS (me) as the address doesn't exist.

Where do I stand wrt getting a refund?
Page 1
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 13th Nov 19, 7:35 PM
    • 4,280 Posts
    • 12,504 Thanks
    Hermia
    • 13th Nov 19, 7:35 PM
    • 13th Nov 19, 7:35 PM
    I have heard of something similar to this happening before and they got their money back because ebay could see that the RM did try and deliver the item. Does the tracking show it was RTS?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Nov 19, 10:15 PM
    • 62,952 Posts
    • 45,323 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Nov 19, 10:15 PM
    • 13th Nov 19, 10:15 PM
    Just phone eBay, tell them what you have written here and ask that you get your refund regardless. There shouldn't be a problem.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 16th Nov 19, 9:50 AM
    • 1,136 Posts
    • 879 Thanks
    martinbuckley
    • 16th Nov 19, 9:50 AM
    • 16th Nov 19, 9:50 AM
    I got an e-mail from Ebay last night informing me that I would be refunded in full in 48hrs as their records showed it had been delivered(!)
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Nov 19, 11:49 AM
    • 62,952 Posts
    • 45,323 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Nov 19, 11:49 AM
    • 16th Nov 19, 11:49 AM
    I got an e-mail from Ebay last night informing me that I would be refunded in full in 48hrs as their records showed it had been delivered(!)
    Originally posted by martinbuckley
    Good, that's exactly what should happen. Some sellers think they are being clever by misdirecting returns or refusing to accept delivery - but actually end up losing out.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,051Posts Today

7,723Users online

Martin's Twitter